Sign in with
Your question

Question about the Gigabyte GDA-970A-DS3

Last response: in Motherboards
February 11, 2013 11:30:21 PM

Hey guys, I have a quick question in concern to the 970A-DS3 mobo. I have already ordered one and it is on its way. How can I tell which revision i have ordered (1.0, 1.1, 3.0)? I'm going to be using an FX-6300 CPU with it and I've heard you have to update the BIOS first before you can install AM3+ CPU's. If it comes as revision 3.0 would I still have to update the BIOS before using my AM3+ CPU? I only ask because I don't own any other AMD CPU's so I want to know if I'm about to be royally screwed or not. Here's a link to the one I purchased...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

If you guys need any more info just ask.

Any help, as always, is greatly appreciated.

Tyler
February 12, 2013 6:29:45 PM

Well, after further research I discovered that, based on gigabytes website, rev. 1.0 will support my FX 6300. So lets hope for the best and this thread can be closed. Thank you.
February 20, 2013 4:45:55 PM

If you could let me know your result, that would be great.

I just received a 1.1 board and my 6300 CPU. Waiting on the RAM to arrive so I cannot test until that drops through the door. I'll post here once my rig's working and running. Until its turned on, I can't see any way of checking the BIOS revision.

Slightly more positive, the box does read "New AM3+ CPU Support BIOS installed". I assume that means I wont have a problem, we shall see!
!