Sign in with
Your question

GTX 295 bad bad issue

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 30, 2011 10:28:31 AM

I had this graphic for years and worked flawlessly till i sold my Pc to my friend,who returned card back to me and said that graphic freeze the games and computer! I took this card back and discovered those missing pins!

My quest is: Do i have a chance to fix it and which is best way to do this!
Sorry for my English,didn't use google translate! :) 

More about : gtx 295 bad bad issue

a c 91 U Graphics card
October 30, 2011 10:43:00 AM

if pins are missing and they weren't before I'd say your friend messed with it. the second photo looks like the card got toasted. Any warranty ? Could have happened when card was pulled and put back in with power not isolated. ................... never sell things to friends or family. It almost always comes back to haunt you.
October 30, 2011 10:49:16 AM

swifty_morgan said:
if pins are missing and they weren't before I'd say your friend messed with it. the second photo looks like the card got toasted. Any warranty ? Could have happened when card was pulled and put back in with power not isolated. ................... never sell things to friends or family. It almost always comes back to haunt you.

Bought this card form China,so no warranty! :(  He cleaned that pc a lot times and pulled out this card several times,so that can be reason to brake them off!!
I still have a question: is it fixable?
Related resources
a c 91 U Graphics card
October 30, 2011 10:57:48 AM

doubtful.......... it's his mistake, his problem. don't worry yourself about it.
October 30, 2011 11:01:42 AM

swifty_morgan said:
doubtful.......... it's his mistake, his problem. don't worry yourself about it.

He gave card back to me,and i droped the selling price ;)  This is why im so worried!
a b U Graphics card
October 30, 2011 11:05:25 AM

What pins is missing?
October 30, 2011 11:07:41 AM

I'm thinking that you need to purchase a new GPU.
October 30, 2011 11:10:14 AM

gnomio said:
What pins is missing?

Open pic and u will see,i can't explain!
a c 91 U Graphics card
October 30, 2011 11:13:05 AM

Dermisss said:
He gave card back to me,and i droped the selling price ;)  This is why im so worried!

was it working before you sold the machine ? and did he see/know/use the machine to see that it was working ? and was it him who pulled the card and put it back in ? did you sell him a warranty with the machine ?..... whether either of you want to admit it. it's his fault and you have absolutely no liability. I wouldn't let it bother me. That's my take on it. I know he's your friend but friends make mistakes. Harsh as life is..........
a b U Graphics card
October 30, 2011 11:24:22 AM

Me browser is messed up it doesn't want to display the images lol
!