Sign in with
Your question

My cyberpowerpc configurations please review it

Last response: in Systems
December 28, 2011 6:02:20 AM

hi im a noob to pcs and this is the build i came up with is everything compatible and upgradable since i want to sli the 570 later. is there anything i missed thats needed for my computer to work go online play bf3 extra. should i go for a i3 for 64 bucks cheaper and upgrade to haswell in 2013 or is the i5 that much better. the case i picked would dual 570 fight into it. after rebates and shipping this build costs 1112 is this good for what im getting any help is appreciated

CARE1:Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]

CAS:* Apevia X-Plorer 2 Mid-Tower Case w/ Side-Panel Window and MultiMeter Display [+0] (Green Color with 200mm UV Green LED Fan [+0])

CD:24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)

COOLANT:Standard Coolant

CPU:Intel® Core™ i5-2500K 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)

CS_FAN:D efault case fans

FAN:Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Dual Enermax Enlobal Silent High Performance 120MM Fans (Push-Pull) [+29])

FLASHMEDIA:INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)

FREEBIE_VC1:FREE Just Cause 2 Game Coupon [+0]

FREEBIE_VC2:FREE Game Coupon Batman: Arkham City [+0]

HDD:500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [-13] (Single Hard Drive

IUSB:Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

KEYBOARD:Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard

MEMORY:4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module [-37] (Kingston HyperX

MOTHERBOARD:* [CrossFireX/SLI] GigaByte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX MB w/ Lucid Virtu + Intel Smart Response Technology & 7.1 Dolby Home Theater Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI (All Venom OC Certified) [+23]

MOUSE:XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse

NETWORK:o nboard Gigabit LAN Network

OVERCLOCK:No Overclocking

POWERSUPPLY:1,000 Watts - Raidmax RX-1000AE 80 Plus Gold Power Supply [+44]

RUSH:5% Instant Rebate for Non-Rush Delivery Order over $999 - Ships within 3 Weeks - Must Enter Coupon Code "NORUSH" during checkout [+0]

SERVICE:STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT

SOUND:HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

VIDEO:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+127] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

free 32gb ssd after rebate intel smart response
_PRICE:( +1091)
December 28, 2011 6:29:38 AM

I don't trust the Raidmax PSU.

Also, I don't trust it to adequately power the 2x 570 setup.

You definitely DO want the 2500k and not an i3. Especially so if you end up SLIing.

However, I would seriously consider just going with 1x a bigger video card, a 650w or so PSU with Seasonic as the OEM, and no SLI in the future.
December 28, 2011 7:19:00 AM

Thanks for advice I'm changing my psu to either the corsair 850watt for 22 bucks more or the thermaltake 850watt for 9 bucks less than the raidnax so if i get a gtx 570 now let's say in a year or two I need more performance would it be better to sell the 570 and get a NVIDIA 600 series or sli the 570 and if i don't sli is doing the i3 and ugrading to haswell a good idea will I notice a difference want to play bf3 and skyrim at high settings
Related resources
December 28, 2011 7:26:44 AM

Well i picked an i3 for now (for me its enough) and will upgrade maybe to Ivy bridge then it will be released.
December 28, 2011 7:51:54 AM

Get the Corsair, not the Thermaltake.
December 28, 2011 8:18:00 AM

In your opinion what's wrong with thermaltake since its 30 bucks cheaper
December 28, 2011 8:40:57 AM

PSUs are not a commodity product.

Commodities can be measured solely on price. If you tell somebody you will sell them a pig for $100 or whatever that must weigh at least 100 pounds then if you had 100 pigs that fit that description it really wouldn't matter which one you chose. From the perspective of the receiving person, there is no difference between one pig and another pig that weighs the same.

PSUs are not like that at all.

On a side note, neither is RAM, and people often treat RAM as a commodity object too.

PSU brands are a major factor in the worth of the entire product.

A 100 pound pig may have 50 pounds worth of edible meat. Another 100 pound pig will probably have about the same as the first one, so it really doesn't matter the difference here.

PSUs, on the other hand, have dozens of internal components and they vary widely in their performance characteristics. I am not going to get too technical about this, but the cheaper cost PSUs often omit things of quite real importance in terms of the overall picture.

Pretend you were going to buy a puzzle at the store. Would you tell the maker to leave out, say, 5% of the pieces in order to get a price reduction of, say, 30% on the puzzle?

In the same vein, generic brand PSUs cut corners and leave things out of the finished product that are important because most people are never going to really see the difference.

Most people aren't gamers and don't put huge loads on their PSUs like gamers do. Somebody using their computer to surf the internet would never open the proverbial box and put the puzzle together and discover that certain pieces were missing. They would just assume it is all there.

Gamers, though, tend to find out quite quickly that all the pieces are indeed not there.

For a gamer, a generic PSU could mean blue screens of death, shutdowns, blown up video cards, blown up motherboards, and plenty of other horrible eventualities.

If you would like a more in depth explanation from a technical perspective, this guide is a very good one

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Why-99-Percent-o...
December 28, 2011 8:24:06 PM

You got a point an extra 22 for the corsair psu is nothing especially since if the psu goes out it can take every thing with it and what do you think of my liquid cooler choice I choose the high performace silent I can save 20 buy getting dual 120m fans
December 29, 2011 6:38:34 AM

I OC my graphics cards sometimes, but not usually my core components like RAM and CPU so I am not an expert on that. However, I generally look at them like its a fancy little toy to play with.

It says in the maker's website it allows for 3 degrees celsius lower than air cooling. It doesn't sound like very much difference to me.

I think that these sorts of things are aimed at people who wouldn't mind spending many hours fighting with it so they can get 5% more power. I guess I am not this type.

I just get a good case with a lot of in and out airflow and don't worry about it.
December 31, 2011 12:23:18 AM

Ya the PSU's are a very inportant part of the computer and if it doesn't work good it could cause other things to go wrong. But what Raiddinn is showing you the good PSU's to buy. That is where you need to put money into that for sure.

The i5 2500k is the way to go as far as CPU. But I like to SLI my cards. I know it is easier to use just one card and one card will hold up and do its job. But with two cards it will even do better.

You know that if the main card goes then you have a backup. If you could afford it Two GTX 560 Ti's 1gb of vram would do better than one GTX 580. But it is your choice.

There are good things to having SLI setups for now or for the fucture. Here is another link for PSU's. It will show you the best to the worst by brand name. I like my mother board it is what you are going to get the same one. I hope things work out for you.

http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx
December 31, 2011 6:58:19 AM

I generally suggest single video card setups.

1) It allows you to buy a micro board instead of a full atx board. Micro boards usually cost $60ish less for same maker boards. That amount can be tacked onto the video card price to buy a bigger one.
1a) Most micro boards have onboard graphics cards, this can be helpful when trying to diagnose problems.
2) One card almost always uses less power than two. The energy bill savings can be significant with a single card vs two slightly smaller ones.
3) One card allows for better heat and airflow management compared to two cards.
4) With two cards, especially high end cards, the number of PSU choices you have is more restricted.
5) With one card you avoid micro stuttering.
6) Less configuration headaches with 1 card instead of two.

Anyway, one video card solutions aren't good for everybody, but PCs with 1 video card do have about 99% of the market share vs two card setups' ~1%.
!