Sign in with
Your question

Horizontal Gradients when game is running

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 30, 2011 12:49:05 PM

So every time i start playing a game, i get these horizontal gradients flickering up and down.

Best picture i could actually get.
So they're not solid lines or anything, just fuzzy gradients that only occur when a game is running. This will happen regardless whether or not the game is minimized or not. Its only apparent on darker colors. When the game is shut down, everything looks completely fine.

i5 2500K not OC
8GB RAM
MSI P67A-GD65 (B3)
Windows 7 64-bit
EVGA GTX 560 Ti
Cooler Master GX 650W
HP w19b LCD with DVI-VGA adapter

I've installed the drivers, its not vertical sync, and its not clock or phase. Since it only happens when a game is running, i think its a problem with the graphics card. I've been told i should use a DVI monitor but i don't see how that would help at all.

Many thanks :) 
a b Î Nvidia
October 31, 2011 1:49:51 AM

this is look that the card and the monitor are not sync so you got lines from the to to dawn like roling on the screen
m
l
October 31, 2011 10:50:03 PM

Could you elaborate on that?
m
l
Related resources
October 31, 2011 10:59:17 PM

lordliny said:
So every time i start playing a game, i get these horizontal gradients flickering up and down.
http://i.imgur.com/9a7LM.jpg
Best picture i could actually get.
So they're not solid lines or anything, just fuzzy gradients that only occur when a game is running. This will happen regardless whether or not the game is minimized or not. Its only apparent on darker colors. When the game is shut down, everything looks completely fine.

i5 2500K not OC
8GB RAM
MSI P67A-GD65 (B3)
Windows 7 64-bit
EVGA GTX 560 Ti
Cooler Master GX 650W
HP w19b LCD with DVI-VGA adapter

I've installed the drivers, its not vertical sync, and its not clock or phase. Since it only happens when a game is running, i think its a problem with the graphics card. I've been told i should use a DVI monitor but i don't see how that would help at all.

Many thanks :) 

whilst I am not saying it is the PSU I do you think you need a better one - more as a side issue I hope anyway, check this review (there is plenty like it on web too), I myself have GX 750 whose fan has developed a rattle after just 4 months, my case has not been thrown about - I'll likely be getting Corsair or OCZ

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/11/22/cooler_master...

a fail, thats quite something in my reckoning, some reviews I've read say the GX 650 is more like 450w as crazy as that might sound

back to the lines - what games are you running and at what resolution/refresh rate in-game settings. what is the native resolution and refresh rate of the monitor?

if you are not able to catch the lines on a screenshot it's most certainly a monitor issue

chaz
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
November 1, 2011 7:46:39 PM

they call this rastering lines so ckeack monitor and graphic card in different sytem you could goolge the term and see also pictures of that
m
l
!