Sign in with
Your question

ASRock B75-DGS won't flash bios. Help!

Last response: in Motherboards
February 12, 2013 3:15:02 AM

I just got all the pieces for my first self-built PC. Everything fit together nicely, things seemed peachy. But when I turn it on, the fans turn on, and everything seems well, except for the fact that I get no signal on my monitor, and I hear no beeps from my Mobo.
My friend told me to try flashing the BIOS, which I have tried (several times). I've gone over the specs for all the rest of my hardware (including making sure that I had a large enough power supply), but there seems to be no explanation. The last thing I want to hear is that my motherboard was DOA. Someone, please help me! Is there something I'm missing?
a c 558 V Motherboard
February 12, 2013 4:35:15 AM

What CPU using and how have you tried updating the BIOS?
m
l
a c 462 V Motherboard
February 12, 2013 6:03:37 AM

check that the 4/8 pin pci power plug is connected. also that the mb is not shorted to the case. also check that the mb case cables are right..mb could be stuck in reset. on new mb most time the onboard video port is the first video port not the gpu.
if there are diag led or dr degug led see if the system stopping on an error code. some mb till you flash the bios wont boot with two stick of ram installed.
m
l
Related resources
February 12, 2013 2:25:25 PM

The 4/8 pin power plug is connected properly. How do I check to see if the mb is not shorted to the case? Also, my case is very old. I just filled it in with all new parts, so I don't see any lights anywhere. I've tried flashing the bios with only one stick of ram also, and nothing happened then, either.
The CPU I am using is an Intel Dual Core Desktop Processor.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 12, 2013 4:01:21 PM

Battury said:
I just got all the pieces for my first self-built PC. Everything fit together nicely, things seemed peachy. But when I turn it on, the fans turn on, and everything seems well, except for the fact that I get no signal on my monitor, and I hear no beeps from my Mobo.
My friend told me to try flashing the BIOS, which I have tried (several times). I've gone over the specs for all the rest of my hardware (including making sure that I had a large enough power supply), but there seems to be no explanation. The last thing I want to hear is that my motherboard was DOA. Someone, please help me! Is there something I'm missing?

I have thrown mine away...... check your pins for the cpu but...this is a poorly made mobo, I bought 1 it never posted once. Read reviews for it on any sales site it's the same thing. Not really a firmware issue but more a hardware issue.

I feel they tried to jam too many features on a low end board.
m
l
a c 462 V Motherboard
February 12, 2013 9:32:25 PM

do this..pull the mb from the case. with just the mb and one stick of ram and the power supply. touch the two power on pin on the mb header or use a jumper and see if the mb will post. if there no post or cpu fan spin up..take the power supply off the mb and on the 24 pin atx cable jumper the green wire to a black wire using a paper clip. when you do this have the power supply unplugged and off. when you turn the on switch on if the ps is working the fan should come on. if not you may have a bad power supply.
m
l
!