Your question

CPU Temp & A Noise

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • GPUs
  • Intel i7
Last response: in CPUs
April 4, 2012 8:13:46 PM

Hi, so first off i'd like to ask are these temp's ok for a Intel i7 870, 40c Idle/ 66c Load?

Secondly i have this Stutter/Crackle when i play any game, it usualy happen's when my GPU (GTX680) hit's 60c, this also happend on my old GPU (hd5870) to, all i could think of is maybe the GPU is overheating the sound "chip" or whatever it is on the motherboard, i have bought a new sound card to see, but it won't arrive until tomorrow, any idea's in the mean time? thanks

More about : cpu temp noise

April 4, 2012 9:14:29 PM

jaxz said:
Hi, so first off i'd like to ask are these temp's ok for a Intel i7 870, 40c Idle/ 66c Load?

Secondly i have this Stutter/Crackle when i play any game, it usualy happen's when my GPU (GTX680) hit's 60c, this also happend on my old GPU (hd5870) to, all i could think of is maybe the GPU is overheating the sound "chip" or whatever it is on the motherboard, i have bought a new sound card to see, but it won't arrive until tomorrow, any idea's in the mean time? thanks

Those temps are well within range for that CPU, what cooler?

Are you sure that noise you are hearing is not coming from a capaciter in the PSU or a cap on the board under or near the GPU?

Thanks,
Tim
April 4, 2012 9:18:55 PM

It's the stock cooler, nothing special, but if those temp's are good then i'm happy.

Sorry i ment to say the noise is coming out the speaker's in the audio not from the actual machine itself, & only happen's when my GPU exceeds 60c which is weird.

Any other idea's? if this new soundcard doesn't sort it i'm completely at a loss, had this problem for goin on two year's lol
!