Asrock z77 extreme 4 are the cpu pins supposed to be at an angle?

Hi

i have just got purchased this board and im worried that the cpu pins on the 1155 socket are bent!

coming from a asrock h61m-vs bkard where the pins point straight up im not sure if i have a defective board.

the protective cap was on and the cpu sits flat im just cautious because i dont want to damage it wben i install a hyper 212 evo cooler.

please advise.

many thanks
10 answers Last reply
More about asrock extreme pins supposed angle
  1. A photo would help to answer your question.
  2. i will post one once i get home from work thanks
  3. As the board had protective flaps i would not think that it would be bent that easily. If it is bent the CPU will be critically damaged. A photo would be of great help. :D
  4. Asrock z77 extreme 4 < mine weren't bent
  5. They don't have to be perfectly straight, but they should all have the same shape. At least on each half of the socket. Like so:

6. thank you for your replies especially sakkura for your picture. I installed my 2500k to my new board and all is well now im trying to get a stable 4.5ghz overclock with a 212 evo cooler!

thank
  7. SR-71 Blackbird said:
    Asrock z77 extreme 4 < mine weren't bent

Moderator eh? And I simply cannot UNDERSTAND WHY people are choosing the Extreme4 over the Extreme6? WHY?
  8. The Extreme4 is cheaper and has most of the same features.

It dumps some stuff most people won't need anyway, like a DisplayPort for the iGPU, a floppy connector, and that USB bracket that is useless if you have a decent case.
  9. Asrock z77 extreme 4 < with coupon from the egg cost me $99.00 free shipping
  10. SR-71 Blackbird said:
    Asrock z77 extreme 4 < with coupon from the egg cost me $99.00 free shipping

GIMME THAT!!!! :(
Ask a new question

Read More

ASrock CPUs Motherboards