My computer wont turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

photoeditspro

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
about a month ago i came here for help in picking a new power supply and graphics card. I was told to get a Corsair CX V2 430 and the graphics card was Radeon HD6770. I got the power supply about a week ago there was no direction what so ever on how to install it i think i plugged in everything right and the computer wouldn't come on but there was a yellow light on inside the tower. I was than told that i needed to replace the power supply so i returned it and i was sent a new one. Today i got the new one again no directions on how to install it i think i installed everything right again and still the computer wont turn on but there's a yellow light on inside the tower. I have not installed the graphics card yet. any idea why my computer wont turn on? my computer is a dell inspiration 530 not the slim version

Solution
[strike]You're CPU doesn't have integrated graphics. You need to put a GPU in before you try to power it on.[/strike]

Edit: Scratch that, it's on your chipset. Although it might be worth it to try installing the GPU, just in case the onboard video is broken.
That motherboard has an auxiliary 4-pin power plug (bottom left in picture here):

http://www.ascendtech.us/dell-inspiron-530-530s-fm586-motherboard_i_mbdel7750fm586.aspx

Just a wild guess, but did you make sure that's plugged in? It's easy to overlook. And also sometimes possible to plug in backwards, which can also cause problems since it's polarized. So another thing to check for (make sure the pins match in the direction they're facing)

subasteve5800

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010
[strike]You're CPU doesn't have integrated graphics. You need to put a GPU in before you try to power it on.[/strike]

Edit: Scratch that, it's on your chipset. Although it might be worth it to try installing the GPU, just in case the onboard video is broken.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS