Help in choosing VCard

hybr33d

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2011
Hello,

I am building a gaming rig and I want as much as possible to max out most games with a 22inch monitor.

SO i went and tried to buy the following:

core i5 2500k
8gb g-skill ripjaws x
MSI Gtx 570 twin frozr 3 PE/OC.

But the gtx 570 was nowhere to be found. I think this is the best performance/value that I can get which is priced at $428.

I looked into the other cards but i cannot decide which one to get. Below is the details.

Inno3d gtx 570 gamepack - $369 - not sure about this card. i only trust msi/asus/evga

asus 6970 direct cu 2 - $440 - after checking out benchmarks, i realized it runs slower than gtx 570 twin frozr 3

Evga gtx 580 - $595 - not also sure about this because of the jump in price. do you think its worth it?

msi gtx 560 ti - $297 - maybe my last resort, maybe buy a 19inch monitor so i can run games at 1366x768 for performance boost

P.S.
THe prices are a bit higher because I live in the Philippines. Please also dont recommend SLI because I have fixed my mind to go for the single card route.

Thanks in advance.

G

If you can purchase GTX 580 is good. Also you can go for SLI when you can purchase another one it must be there 'Cause its a very high end card for now.
But you also can check for 6950 cards. Good for price too

4745454b

Titan
If you're willing to spend the extra $$$ on the 6970 it's safe to go that route. As you pointed out it sucks to spend more money on something that can be slower however. I'm not sure I'd trust inno either. Getting the GTX560TI isn't a bad idea either. It isn't that much slower then the GTX570. You'll also save a lot of money which can buy a game. I vote the GTX560ti, but the 6970 won't do you wrong either.

hybr33d

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2011
Thanks guys for the answer. I am a little inclined on the EVGA gtx 580 SC. However I am a little concerned about its temperatures. I will be only using air cooling and I have the CM HAF 912 advance.

Do I have to worry about it getting very hot?

The reason I really like MSI gtx 570 is because of its twin frozr 3 cooler which is very good.