HDD Standard on Sony PS3??

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

According to this link
(http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/16/news_6124681.html), Sony has not
announced if a HDD would be standard on the PS3. Excerpt from paragraph 2:

"It will also sport a slot for a detachable 2.5-inch HDD, somewhat similar
to the Xbox 360's. Sony did not mention if the drive would be standard."

Now, wouldn't that be a HUGE smack in the face if Sony makes gamers PAY for
a HDD, while the Xbox360 includes one? Plus, the price appears to me $465
US. That's a lot of dough for a HDD-less system. Gotta love Sony.

-Sammy

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

"Sammy "The Bull" Gravano"

Look ma, a new scared troll.
Aint he cute?
Can I keepem, oh wait, I already own him.

Sammy "The Bull" Gravano wrote:
> According to this link
> (http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/16/news_6124681.html), Sony has not
> announced if a HDD would be standard on the PS3. Excerpt from paragraph 2:
>
> "It will also sport a slot for a detachable 2.5-inch HDD, somewhat similar
> to the Xbox 360's. Sony did not mention if the drive would be standard."
>

> Now, wouldn't that be a HUGE smack in the face if Sony makes gamers PAY for
> a HDD, while the Xbox360 includes one? Plus, the price appears to me $465
> US. That's a lot of dough for a HDD-less system. Gotta love Sony.

I would even be a huger smack in the face if Sony charged $15,000 for an
egg carton that has "Playstation 3" stenciled upon it. Your whines
would be more sympathetic if they were based upon something other than
speculation.

"Grinder" <grinder@no.spam.maam.com> wrote in message
> Sammy "The Bull" Gravano wrote:
> > According to this link
> > (http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/16/news_6124681.html), Sony has
not
> > announced if a HDD would be standard on the PS3. Excerpt from paragraph
2:

> > "It will also sport a slot for a detachable 2.5-inch HDD, somewhat
similar
> > to the Xbox 360's. Sony did not mention if the drive would be standard."
> >

> > Now, wouldn't that be a HUGE smack in the face if Sony makes gamers PAY
for
> > a HDD, while the Xbox360 includes one? Plus, the price appears to me
$465
> > US. That's a lot of dough for a HDD-less system. Gotta love Sony.
>
> I would even be a huger smack in the face if Sony charged $15,000 for an
> egg carton that has "Playstation 3" stenciled upon it. Your whines
> would be more sympathetic if they were based upon something other than
> speculation.

I don't understand what you were try to say here. But it's easy for Sony to
say "the HDD will be included." Since they have not said it (and MS did
with the Xbox360), we can infer that as of today, no HDD.

Simple, really! And not speculation. Until Sony states there is a HDD
included, then it won't be. What a smack by Sony!!

-Sammy

"Sammy "The Bull" Gravano" <Sammy@witnessprotection.gov> wrote in message
> I don't understand what you were try to say here.

That makes 100's of us with you.
Oh wait, we do know what you are trying to do, troll.

In alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 "Sammy \"The Bull\" Gravano" <Sammy@witnessprotection.gov> wrote:

> Now, wouldn't that be a HUGE smack in the face if Sony makes gamers PAY for
> a HDD, while the Xbox360 includes one? Plus, the price appears to me $465
> US. That's a lot of dough for a HDD-less system. Gotta love Sony.

The US price has not been announced yet.

Japanese prices for electronics are always more expensive than their US
counterparts, so looking at the Japanese price is not a good indicator of
what the US or European prices will be.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

Sammy "The Bull" Gravano got up from the bar and shouted: :
> According to this link
> (http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/16/news_6124681.html), Sony has not
> announced if a HDD would be standard on the PS3. Excerpt from paragraph 2:
>
> "It will also sport a slot for a detachable 2.5-inch HDD, somewhat similar
> to the Xbox 360's. Sony did not mention if the drive would be standard."
>

> Now, wouldn't that be a HUGE smack in the face if Sony makes gamers PAY for
> a HDD, while the Xbox360 includes one? Plus, the price appears to me $465
> US. That's a lot of dough for a HDD-less system. Gotta love Sony.
>
> -Sammy

I would say it's included, as it's described as detachable. If it were
not included, it would be called attachable...

Anyways, I would still prefer a PS3 without a HDD, over a XBox360 with one.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

everyone keeps bitching that the ps3 will cost 500 dollars and blah blah
blah. well the ps3 will ship in japan first (as all consoles except the xbox
do) and by the time it gets to the US, prices on the technology will be
cheaper. and typically when a console is released it's actually sold at a
loss to gain market share and they can make the money back on the games.

In alt.games.video.xbox Dr. Nick <Drnick5@cox.net> wrote:
> everyone keeps bitching that the ps3 will cost 500 dollars and blah blah
> blah. well the ps3 will ship in japan first (as all consoles except the xbox
> do) and by the time it gets to the US, prices on the technology will be
> cheaper. and typically when a console is released it's actually sold at a
> loss to gain market share and they can make the money back on the games.

Not to mention that electronics cost between 50-100% more in Japan than in
the US - even when it's for the exact same item.

"Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message

> "quit".

lol. Oh, now, Mattingly... as if you're the best speller out there, toolie.

"Jeremey" <fake@tc3net.com> wrote in message
> Didn't yo mama ever teach you manners? Why can't you create one post
> without cursing or talking down to other people.

Exactly... but then again, Butt Pirate is a troll as well, so six one way,
half dozen the other.

"Black Shuck" <mark.gillespie@gmail.com> wrote in message

> I would say it's included, as it's described as detachable. If it were not
> included, it would be called attachable...
>
> Anyways, I would still prefer a PS3 without a HDD, over a XBox360 with
> one.

Kind of think you'll change your tune when they come out, seeing as the X
will be quite a bit more impressive visually.

"Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
> In alt.games.video.xbox Dr. Nick <Drnick5@cox.net> wrote:
>> everyone keeps bitching that the ps3 will cost 500 dollars and blah blah
>> blah. well the ps3 will ship in japan first (as all consoles except the
>> xbox
>> do) and by the time it gets to the US, prices on the technology will be
>> cheaper. and typically when a console is released it's actually sold at a
>> loss to gain market share and they can make the money back on the games.
>
> Not to mention that electronics cost between 50-100% more in Japan than in
> the US - even when it's for the exact same item.

But the US one will have a few "value added items" and cost more than the
Japanese one, and you'll buy it, just like the PSP.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

"Jeremey" <fake@tc3net.com> wrote in message
> Didn't yo mama ever teach you manners? Why can't you create one post
> without cursing or talking down to other people.

Like you have manners?
You jumped my back not me jumping yours.
I am not going to explain myself. These groups have been taken over by
trolls and console bashers, which is what Sam is, since the E3 show.

Jeremey

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

Thank you.

"Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
>
>> "quit".
>
> lol. Oh, now, Mattingly... as if you're the best speller out there,
> toolie.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

Xbox360 doesn't include an HDD either...

http://www.usenet.com

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

"Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
>
>> "quit".
>
> lol. Oh, now, Mattingly... as if you're the best speller out there,
> toolie.

You are right, I am not. But even a lame like yourself can see that it
wasn't a typo and that the moron thinks that is the way that you spell
"quit".

> Thank you.

You are welcome, to kiss my ass.

On Thu, 26 May 2005 17:29:05 -0700, Exyle <exyle@exyled.net> wrote:

>Xbox360 doesn't include an HDD either...

> http://www.usenet.com

Rumors seen to indicate that it will ship with a 20GB HD.

Gman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

In article <Fovke.23596$J25.3941@bignews6.bellsouth.net>, "Sammy \"The Bull\" Gravano" <Sammy@witnessprotection.gov> wrote:
>According to this link
>(http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/16/news_6124681.html), Sony has not
>announced if a HDD would be standard on the PS3. Excerpt from paragraph 2:
>
>"It will also sport a slot for a detachable 2.5-inch HDD, somewhat similar
>to the Xbox 360's. Sony did not mention if the drive would be standard."
>

>Now, wouldn't that be a HUGE smack in the face if Sony makes gamers PAY for
>a HDD, while the Xbox360 includes one? Plus, the price appears to me $465
>US. That's a lot of dough for a HDD-less system. Gotta love Sony.
>
>-Sammy

What "IS" going to happen will be that Sony will price their unit at the exact
same price or lower than the 360.

> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
>>
>> "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
>>> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in
>>> message

>>> lol. Oh, now, Mattingly... as if you're the best speller out there,
>>> toolie.
>>>

>> You are right, I am not. But even a lame like yourself can see that it
>> wasn't a typo and that the moron thinks that is the way that you spell
>> "quit".
>
> lol. Oh, now, Mattingly... as if you're the best speller out there,
> toolie.

Damn you sure are getting repetitive in your old age Mr. Sanford. I am
pretty sure my first line was, "You are right, I am not". You don't even
know what a concession is do you, Fredrick?

> "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
>> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message

> Damn you sure are getting repetitive in your old age Mr. Sanford. I am
> pretty sure my first line was, "You are right, I am not". You don't even
> know what a concession is do you, Fredrick?

Isn't that the place where you buy hotdogs and beer at a ballgame?

"Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
>>
>> "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
>>> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in
>>> message news:dsqdnSOsNcN5FgvfRVn-qg@comcast.com...

>> Damn you sure are getting repetitive in your old age Mr. Sanford. I am
>> pretty sure my first line was, "You are right, I am not". You don't even
>> know what a concession is do you, Fredrick?
>
> Isn't that the place where you buy hotdogs and beer at a ballgame?

Well, much like a woman's anatomy, bookworms and geeks would not be too
familiar with the workings of a sporting event so you would need to make a
different reference for Fred to pick it up.