HDD Standard on Sony PS3??

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

According to this link
(http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/16/news_6124681.html), Sony has not
announced if a HDD would be standard on the PS3. Excerpt from paragraph 2:

"It will also sport a slot for a detachable 2.5-inch HDD, somewhat similar
to the Xbox 360's. Sony did not mention if the drive would be standard."

Now, wouldn't that be a HUGE smack in the face if Sony makes gamers PAY for
a HDD, while the Xbox360 includes one? Plus, the price appears to me $465
US. That's a lot of dough for a HDD-less system. Gotta love Sony.

-Sammy
23 answers Last reply
More about standard sony
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

    "Sammy "The Bull" Gravano"

    Look ma, a new scared troll.
    Aint he cute?
    Can I keepem, oh wait, I already own him.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

    Sammy "The Bull" Gravano wrote:
    > According to this link
    > (http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/16/news_6124681.html), Sony has not
    > announced if a HDD would be standard on the PS3. Excerpt from paragraph 2:
    >
    > "It will also sport a slot for a detachable 2.5-inch HDD, somewhat similar
    > to the Xbox 360's. Sony did not mention if the drive would be standard."
    >

    > Now, wouldn't that be a HUGE smack in the face if Sony makes gamers PAY for
    > a HDD, while the Xbox360 includes one? Plus, the price appears to me $465
    > US. That's a lot of dough for a HDD-less system. Gotta love Sony.

    I would even be a huger smack in the face if Sony charged $15,000 for an
    egg carton that has "Playstation 3" stenciled upon it. Your whines
    would be more sympathetic if they were based upon something other than
    speculation.

    "Grinder" <grinder@no.spam.maam.com> wrote in message
    > Sammy "The Bull" Gravano wrote:
    > > According to this link
    > > (http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/16/news_6124681.html), Sony has
    not
    > > announced if a HDD would be standard on the PS3. Excerpt from paragraph
    2:

    > > "It will also sport a slot for a detachable 2.5-inch HDD, somewhat
    similar
    > > to the Xbox 360's. Sony did not mention if the drive would be standard."
    > >

    > > Now, wouldn't that be a HUGE smack in the face if Sony makes gamers PAY
    for
    > > a HDD, while the Xbox360 includes one? Plus, the price appears to me
    $465
    > > US. That's a lot of dough for a HDD-less system. Gotta love Sony.
    >
    > I would even be a huger smack in the face if Sony charged $15,000 for an
    > egg carton that has "Playstation 3" stenciled upon it. Your whines
    > would be more sympathetic if they were based upon something other than
    > speculation.

    I don't understand what you were try to say here. But it's easy for Sony to
    say "the HDD will be included." Since they have not said it (and MS did
    with the Xbox360), we can infer that as of today, no HDD.

    Simple, really! And not speculation. Until Sony states there is a HDD
    included, then it won't be. What a smack by Sony!!

    -Sammy
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

    "Sammy "The Bull" Gravano" <Sammy@witnessprotection.gov> wrote in message
    > I don't understand what you were try to say here.

    That makes 100's of us with you.
    Oh wait, we do know what you are trying to do, troll.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

    In alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 "Sammy \"The Bull\" Gravano" <Sammy@witnessprotection.gov> wrote:

    > Now, wouldn't that be a HUGE smack in the face if Sony makes gamers PAY for
    > a HDD, while the Xbox360 includes one? Plus, the price appears to me $465
    > US. That's a lot of dough for a HDD-less system. Gotta love Sony.

    The US price has not been announced yet.

    Japanese prices for electronics are always more expensive than their US
    counterparts, so looking at the Japanese price is not a good indicator of
    what the US or European prices will be.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

    Sammy "The Bull" Gravano got up from the bar and shouted: :
    > According to this link
    > (http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/16/news_6124681.html), Sony has not
    > announced if a HDD would be standard on the PS3. Excerpt from paragraph 2:
    >
    > "It will also sport a slot for a detachable 2.5-inch HDD, somewhat similar
    > to the Xbox 360's. Sony did not mention if the drive would be standard."
    >

    > Now, wouldn't that be a HUGE smack in the face if Sony makes gamers PAY for
    > a HDD, while the Xbox360 includes one? Plus, the price appears to me $465
    > US. That's a lot of dough for a HDD-less system. Gotta love Sony.
    >
    > -Sammy

    I would say it's included, as it's described as detachable. If it were
    not included, it would be called attachable...

    Anyways, I would still prefer a PS3 without a HDD, over a XBox360 with one.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

    everyone keeps bitching that the ps3 will cost 500 dollars and blah blah
    blah. well the ps3 will ship in japan first (as all consoles except the xbox
    do) and by the time it gets to the US, prices on the technology will be
    cheaper. and typically when a console is released it's actually sold at a
    loss to gain market share and they can make the money back on the games.

    > According to this link
    > (http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/16/news_6124681.html), Sony has not
    > announced if a HDD would be standard on the PS3. Excerpt from paragraph
    > 2:
    >
    > "It will also sport a slot for a detachable 2.5-inch HDD, somewhat similar
    > to the Xbox 360's. Sony did not mention if the drive would be standard."
    >

    > Now, wouldn't that be a HUGE smack in the face if Sony makes gamers PAY
    > for
    > a HDD, while the Xbox360 includes one? Plus, the price appears to me $465
    > US. That's a lot of dough for a HDD-less system. Gotta love Sony.
    >
    > -Sammy

  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

    In alt.games.video.xbox Dr. Nick <Drnick5@cox.net> wrote:
    > everyone keeps bitching that the ps3 will cost 500 dollars and blah blah
    > blah. well the ps3 will ship in japan first (as all consoles except the xbox
    > do) and by the time it gets to the US, prices on the technology will be
    > cheaper. and typically when a console is released it's actually sold at a
    > loss to gain market share and they can make the money back on the games.

    Not to mention that electronics cost between 50-100% more in Japan than in
    the US - even when it's for the exact same item.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

    "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message

    > "quit".

    lol. Oh, now, Mattingly... as if you're the best speller out there, toolie.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

    "Jeremey" <fake@tc3net.com> wrote in message
    > Didn't yo mama ever teach you manners? Why can't you create one post
    > without cursing or talking down to other people.

    Exactly... but then again, Butt Pirate is a troll as well, so six one way,
    half dozen the other.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

    "Black Shuck" <mark.gillespie@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > I would say it's included, as it's described as detachable. If it were not
    > included, it would be called attachable...
    >
    > Anyways, I would still prefer a PS3 without a HDD, over a XBox360 with
    > one.

    Kind of think you'll change your tune when they come out, seeing as the X
    will be quite a bit more impressive visually.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

    "Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
    > In alt.games.video.xbox Dr. Nick <Drnick5@cox.net> wrote:
    >> everyone keeps bitching that the ps3 will cost 500 dollars and blah blah
    >> blah. well the ps3 will ship in japan first (as all consoles except the
    >> xbox
    >> do) and by the time it gets to the US, prices on the technology will be
    >> cheaper. and typically when a console is released it's actually sold at a
    >> loss to gain market share and they can make the money back on the games.
    >
    > Not to mention that electronics cost between 50-100% more in Japan than in
    > the US - even when it's for the exact same item.

    But the US one will have a few "value added items" and cost more than the
    Japanese one, and you'll buy it, just like the PSP.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

    "Jeremey" <fake@tc3net.com> wrote in message
    > Didn't yo mama ever teach you manners? Why can't you create one post
    > without cursing or talking down to other people.

    Like you have manners?
    You jumped my back not me jumping yours.
    I am not going to explain myself. These groups have been taken over by
    trolls and console bashers, which is what Sam is, since the E3 show.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

    Thank you.

    "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    > "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
    >
    >> "quit".
    >
    > lol. Oh, now, Mattingly... as if you're the best speller out there,
    > toolie.

  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

    Xbox360 doesn't include an HDD either...

    http://www.usenet.com
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

    "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    > "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
    >
    >> "quit".
    >
    > lol. Oh, now, Mattingly... as if you're the best speller out there,
    > toolie.

    You are right, I am not. But even a lame like yourself can see that it
    wasn't a typo and that the moron thinks that is the way that you spell
    "quit".
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

    > Thank you.

    You are welcome, to kiss my ass.

    > "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    >> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> "quit".
    >>
    >> lol. Oh, now, Mattingly... as if you're the best speller out there,
    >> toolie.

  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

    On Thu, 26 May 2005 17:29:05 -0700, Exyle <exyle@exyled.net> wrote:

    >Xbox360 doesn't include an HDD either...

    > http://www.usenet.com

    Rumors seen to indicate that it will ship with a 20GB HD.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

    In article <Fovke.23596$J25.3941@bignews6.bellsouth.net>, "Sammy \"The Bull\" Gravano" <Sammy@witnessprotection.gov> wrote:
    >According to this link
    >(http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/16/news_6124681.html), Sony has not
    >announced if a HDD would be standard on the PS3. Excerpt from paragraph 2:
    >
    >"It will also sport a slot for a detachable 2.5-inch HDD, somewhat similar
    >to the Xbox 360's. Sony did not mention if the drive would be standard."
    >

    >Now, wouldn't that be a HUGE smack in the face if Sony makes gamers PAY for
    >a HDD, while the Xbox360 includes one? Plus, the price appears to me $465
    >US. That's a lot of dough for a HDD-less system. Gotta love Sony.
    >
    >-Sammy

    What "IS" going to happen will be that Sony will price their unit at the exact
    same price or lower than the 360.
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

    > "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    >> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> "quit".
    >>
    >> lol. Oh, now, Mattingly... as if you're the best speller out there,
    >> toolie.
    >>

    > You are right, I am not. But even a lame like yourself can see that it
    > wasn't a typo and that the moron thinks that is the way that you spell
    > "quit".

    lol. Oh, now, Mattingly... as if you're the best speller out there, toolie.
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

    > "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    >>> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in
    >>> message

    >>> lol. Oh, now, Mattingly... as if you're the best speller out there,
    >>> toolie.
    >>>

    >> You are right, I am not. But even a lame like yourself can see that it
    >> wasn't a typo and that the moron thinks that is the way that you spell
    >> "quit".
    >
    > lol. Oh, now, Mattingly... as if you're the best speller out there,
    > toolie.

    Damn you sure are getting repetitive in your old age Mr. Sanford. I am
    pretty sure my first line was, "You are right, I am not". You don't even
    know what a concession is do you, Fredrick?
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

    > "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    >> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message

    > Damn you sure are getting repetitive in your old age Mr. Sanford. I am
    > pretty sure my first line was, "You are right, I am not". You don't even
    > know what a concession is do you, Fredrick?

    Isn't that the place where you buy hotdogs and beer at a ballgame?
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

    "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    >>> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in
    >>> message news:dsqdnSOsNcN5FgvfRVn-qg@comcast.com...

    >> Damn you sure are getting repetitive in your old age Mr. Sanford. I am
    >> pretty sure my first line was, "You are right, I am not". You don't even
    >> know what a concession is do you, Fredrick?
    >
    > Isn't that the place where you buy hotdogs and beer at a ballgame?

    Well, much like a woman's anatomy, bookworms and geeks would not be too
    familiar with the workings of a sporting event so you would need to make a
    different reference for Fred to pick it up.

Console Gaming Sony Hard Drives PlayStation Video Games