adding copyright-informations to Kodak P

Last response: in Digital Camera
May 6, 2005 10:57:31 PM

Hi,
I have to give my shots (in Kodak PhotoCD-format)to a book
producer.
In order to be able to "identify" my files (for the case,
they would be used for an other purpose) i inserted my
real name with an editor in the header of the Kodak PCD file,
but now the PCD file cannot be opened again.
1.
Is there no way to add such "copyright-information" to
Kodak PhotoCD-files without corrupting the file?
2.
Any other ideas to be able to prove the ownership of such
files?
Any tip is apprechiated very much. Thank you!
John
May 7, 2005 4:40:19 PM

bluemailch wrote:
> Hi,
> I have to give my shots (in Kodak PhotoCD-format)to a book
> producer.
> In order to be able to "identify" my files (for the case,
> they would be used for an other purpose) i inserted my
> real name with an editor in the header of the Kodak PCD file,
> but now the PCD file cannot be opened again.
> 1.
> Is there no way to add such "copyright-information" to
> Kodak PhotoCD-files without corrupting the file?
> 2.
> Any other ideas to be able to prove the ownership of such
> files?
> Any tip is apprechiated very much. Thank you!
> John

Watermarking. I gave a more detailed answer on another NG.
Anonymous
May 9, 2005 2:35:53 PM

Greetings Bluemailch,

I can understand your need, Blue, and am glad to help.

Actually, the Photo CD format is one that allows for the creation of JPG or
other more usable image file in a number of resolutions from one file. For
example, you can open the file as JPG in 5 different resolutions (6 if you
used a pro version). These range in size from less than 1 megabyte to more
than 64 meg for Pro scan.

It also means that you are going to be creating these files either at the
time of processing or later from film scans. Photo CD is the best way to go
for high quality scans for use in a professional application. 3000 x 2000.

Most pro use houses, use Photoshop which offers color management tools to
help reproduce more accurate colors on your monitor or prints. From within
Photoshop, when you access a Photo CD image by selecting File / Open, a
window comes up requesting 'Source' and 'Destination' color files. If you
have a Pro Photo CD, you would select one of the two Pcd4050 Source files (e
for Ektachrome, or k for Kodachrome processing). For other Photo CD's, you
would select: Pcdcnycc.icm for images made from color negatives,
Pcdekycc.icm for Ekatchrome processed images, or Pcdkoycc.icm for Kodachrome
processed images.

For 'Destination', you or they would select the color profile relating to
your monitor or printer.

For more information about Photoshop color management, please click on
'Help' from within Photoshop. Or, consult with the Adobe User's Guide or
Adobe technical support at http://www.adobe.com

Hope these references help, Blue, but if you have a question, let me know.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

!