ASUS PCE-N15 working slowly.

G

Hi everybody!

I recently installed my ASUS PCE-N15 n11 wireless internet adapter. Unfortunately, it's working very slowly.

When I do a speedtest of the wireless internet right next to my PC, on my MacBook pro, it reads less than 1 mbit/s for the PC, and over 10 mbit/s on my MacBook.

What do?

MegaMan1

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
Do you have the two external antennas installed on the coax connectors, back of case?

I have one and an Asus N13 USB and do not like either. One external antenna broke and it did not get rough handling or bumped. Check your antennas.

iwantorangejuice

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
I have the same issue, I even tried using realtek drivers because the chip on the wireless card is a realtek chip and I even tried larger antennas and it made no difference. on Tuesday I'm gonna go get a replacement to make sure its not defective or anything but after reading many forums about the problems associated with this card I have little hope that getting new one will fix the problem :/

avengerofthenight

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012

I have the same issue, did you get it fixed (rmaed, new antennaes) or did switch to another wireless card. I'll appreciate if you can tell me what you eventually did to resolve this slow speed issue with the Asus PCE-N15.