Sign in with
Your question

Gaming PC Build HELP!

Last response: in Motherboards
February 12, 2013 11:24:07 AM

Hello!

I am building a Gaming Rig and someone told me that the AsRock Extreme6 MoBo is not compatible with Gigabyte GTX 660 Ti, I already bought the Graphics Card but ( Hopefully ) I have not bought the MoBo, Is it true? I mostly play GTA IV and GTA IV Episodes From Liberty City and I also play Multiplayer in it.

Specs of my Gaming Rig:

Intel Core i5 3570K
AsRock Extreme6 MoBo ( DOUBTED )
Gigabyte Ge Force GTX 660 Ti Wind Force X2 OC Version 2 GB GDDR5
8 GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 Mhz RAM
WD Caviar Green 2 TB HDD ( I WILL BUY A 120 GB SSD IN A FEW MONTHS )
Cooler Master GX 750 Watts PSU or a Corsair CMPSU-850TXV2UK - 850 Watts PSU ( HAVEN'T DECIDED BETWEEN THE TWO)
Cooler Master CM Storm SPAWN Mouse or Cooler Master CM Storm Xornet Mouse or Logitech G400 Mouse ( HAVEN'T DECIDED BETWEEN THE THREE )
Cooler Master CM Storm Quick Fire TK Gaming Keyboard
Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced or Cooler Master HAF 912 Combat
Cooler Master Hyper EVO Cooler or a Cooler Master Hyper 412 Slim
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit or Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

Also I wanted to know whether all the components I chose are compatible with each other. And also suggest the remaining components including Optical Drive etc. Thanks in Advance!

More about : gaming build

February 12, 2013 11:43:28 AM

It is compatible. The motherboard uses PCI-Express x16 which is the same slot used in all modern graphics cards.

The other components are compatible.

I would also recommend a 750w PSU if it is cheaper because 750w should be more than enough.
February 13, 2013 12:58:22 PM

9a3iqa said:
It is compatible. The motherboard uses PCI-Express x16 which is the same slot used in all modern graphics cards.

The other components are compatible.

I would also recommend a 750w PSU if it is cheaper because 750w should be more than enough.

Thanks. can you suggest an Optical drive, an SSD and all the other things needed for a new computer build? And Someone told me that Thermal Paste would not be needed when building a new PC, Is that true? And also, I think I would be going for the i7 3770K, but I haven't decided yet, can you point out the differences between the two? I will buy it accord to how much money I have left ( :D  ) but it is surely possible if I go in for a 750 W PSU and it is more than enough and it will save me some 50 $. Thanks again. :) 
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
a c 522 V Motherboard
February 13, 2013 4:04:26 PM

For the game PC, you don't need the i7 because you just wast your money, and they will have the same performance. Look at the rview http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-8350-vishera-rev...

When you use the i5-3570K for the pc, you need the cup cooler ( at least 120mm) and the Thermal Paste. if you use the stock cooler then it is ture the cooler comes with the paste. But that can't cool your i5 at all. And if you use the aftermarket cooler you may or may not need to install the RAM into the 2nd/4th slot because the RAM maybe block the cooler.

You can buy any Optical drive, but for SSD you need buy at least 120GB Consumer type SSD and good brand like Crucial M4, Intel, Kingston HyperX 3K, Plextor, Samsung, and some of the OCZ.

I7-3770K Hyper-Threading Support, 8MB L3 Cache, 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)
I5-3570K no Hyper-Threading Support, 6MB L3 Cache, 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo)

Thermal Compound http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
February 20, 2013 7:53:40 AM

cin19 said:
For the game PC, you don't need the i7 because you just wast your money, and they will have the same performance. Look at the rview http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-8350-vishera-rev...

When you use the i5-3570K for the pc, you need the cup cooler ( at least 120mm) and the Thermal Paste. if you use the stock cooler then it is ture the cooler comes with the paste. But that can't cool your i5 at all. And if you use the aftermarket cooler you may or may not need to install the RAM into the 2nd/4th slot because the RAM maybe block the cooler.

You can buy any Optical drive, but for SSD you need buy at least 120GB Consumer type SSD and good brand like Crucial M4, Intel, Kingston HyperX 3K, Plextor, Samsung, and some of the OCZ.

I7-3770K Hyper-Threading Support, 8MB L3 Cache, 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)
I5-3570K no Hyper-Threading Support, 6MB L3 Cache, 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo)

Thermal Compound http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I chose the i5 3570K as it is enough for my needs and I will not need that Hyper-Threading Feature as I post a video on my You Tube channel once in 4 months :D  .
Can you specify whether I will need the Thermal Paste or not? You said that the stock cooler comes with the Thermal Paste. Can I use that Paste then? I will be OC-ing a lot and I would either go in for a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO or the Cooler Master 412 Slim Cooler, or for the Corsair H100 Liquid Cooling. After a tragic event by which I lost my old PC; I heard of Liquid Cooling guess what I did :D  ! So I am afraid of Liquid Cooling ever since. Also, will that extra 60$ go wasted if I buy a Blu-Ray Drive?
!