Hibernate corrupts my BIOS every time...

scoutgtx

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
Hello, I am running a Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 with an FX-8350. I just installed this setup a couple of nights ago. When in use, the computer works fine. However, I'm having a serious issue with sleep mode. If I click the sleep button, the computer wakes up normally. However, if I'm away and the computer sleeps itself, it will not wake back up. It will also not respond to the power button - I've got to turn the PSU off and on to get any results. When the computer does come back on, it tells me the main BIOS is corrupted and it is updating from the backup BIOS. This has happened every time the computer sleeps itself and I can't figure out why. Do I need to flash the BIOS? I know the issue has to be from the new board and CPU, as I just replaced a 1045t / M5A97 combo that was working fine. I was under the impression the UD3 was a plug-and-play board with the fx8350, but this is a pretty serious issue.

maysha32

Honorable
May 14, 2013
Same problem here on a Gigabyte 970A-DS3 rev3. I'm running win 7 64 bit. After hibernation the comp won't come out of sleep mode. I need to disconnect the motherboard to be able to switch it back on. On start up the bios is corrupted. Fortunately it has a dual bios and repairs itself. The only solution I've come up with so far is disabling any form of sleep mode.