Sign in with
Your question

Cant get my signature to work, please help

Last response: in Forum Feedback
September 8, 2010 11:34:41 AM

Hi,

I've used CPU-Z to validate my rig. I copy the link as it says and if i copy and paste it here i get this:-

so i know the link works ok..

But when i goto my profile here and copy the link and then save. it removes everything from the part 'img' onwards. WTF am I doing wrong. I've tried several times...

below you'll see what it saves in my sig, it seems to delete the rest for no reason. Please help as i'm going round the bend with this. :cry: 

More about : signature work

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
September 8, 2010 11:42:18 AM

This topic has been moved from the section Applications to section Forum Feedback by Grumpy9117
September 9, 2010 1:46:04 PM

test
Related resources
September 9, 2010 1:46:33 PM

copying and pasting link directly:-

September 9, 2010 1:47:09 PM

test
a b à CPUs
September 9, 2010 2:53:15 PM

Did you put ? That should display it as an image.
September 11, 2010 12:45:32 PM

nope
so you mean in signature in profile, type

cos i've done that but the then when i press submit it clears the signature box....

heres the link to my cpu-z validation page can you take a look and type out what i'm to paste. but exchange the 1st and last [] with {} so it does not post the image here please, then i'll copy and paste and change them back to square brackets
September 11, 2010 12:51:33 PM

test
a b à CPUs
September 11, 2010 1:00:27 PM

Test

Well it works here. I just used {img]http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/1382973.png[/img} (with the correct tag brackets). Make sure you've checked the box underneath that says "Apply your signature." Also check that the signature box is checked when posting from the full reply form.
September 11, 2010 1:03:20 PM

whats a correct closing tab? my lack of knowledge here is the problem me thinks
a b à CPUs
September 11, 2010 1:04:34 PM

I've edited my previous post about 10 times lol
September 11, 2010 1:40:07 PM

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK so i copied and pasted that link into my box that says signatue in the profile bit underneath personal quote. i changed the { and } to []. it shows in the box, i have the tick box ticked... BUT when i press the submit button at the bottom of the page then it looks like it refreshs screen and everyhting in the signature box has gone?!?!?! WTF am I doing wrong :o (
a b à CPUs
September 11, 2010 1:48:47 PM

Out of curiosity, what browser are you using?
a b à CPUs
September 11, 2010 2:05:38 PM

Chrome doesn't play nice with some of the JavaScript functions on this site. Try doing it in IE or Firefox. Most things work in Chrome, but you may have stumbled across something that doesn't.
September 11, 2010 3:16:54 PM

test

-edit-

well explorer made no difference. I'm at a loss as to what to do. If i send you a prive message with my login can you try and set it up for me please?
a b à CPUs
September 11, 2010 6:36:26 PM

What you've put in the box looks good.
a b à CPUs
September 12, 2010 3:35:25 AM

J_Sparrow said:
test

-edit-

well explorer made no difference. I'm at a loss as to what to do. If i send you a prive message with my login can you try and set it up for me please?

I would prefer not to tamper with other peoples' accounts myself (except spammers :p ). The Community Manager Joe (jpishgar) may be able to help you, but doing it myself would be walking a fine line between what I can and can't do as a moderator.
September 12, 2010 11:29:39 AM

can you ask him for me please, i dont know him.
September 13, 2010 1:52:34 PM

I don't believe we can actually edit individual's signatures. We can disallow them, but can't edit them. Looking at the screenshot though, are you putting spaces in between {img} http://www.valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/1382973.png {/img}? Also, give Firefox a whirl. And if that doesn't fix it, try doing the sig editing from the tomshardware.com site rather than the tomshardware.co.uk version. Sometimes things get wonky when it comes to the two.
!