changing "common tasks" in folder

Tim

i am trying to change the options when avalible to me
when i open a document or whatever. the sidebar comes up
and there is a list of common directories that i would
choose from...

my recent documents
desktop
my documents
my computer
my network

i would like to change or add an option to this part of
my folder... how do i do that?

You can't.

http://www.newmatilda.com/home/default.asp
"tim" <balaamsass007@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:136a01c49007$8d714cc0$3a01280a@phx.gbl...

> i am trying to change the options when avalible to me
> when i open a document or whatever. the sidebar comes up
> and there is a list of common directories that i would
> choose from...
>
> my recent documents
> desktop
> my documents
> my computer
> my network
>
> i would like to change or add an option to this part of
> my folder... how do i do that?

Tim

common... there has to be a way
you can adjust almost everything in windows

tim wrote:
> common... there has to be a way
> you can adjust almost everything in windows

The keyword here is "almost". This is one that cannot be changed. :)
--
Regards,

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User

http://www.dts-l.org
http://www.mvps.org

I was just trying to do the same thing. I use my 'D' drive
to store my files. So the My Documents link doesn't take
me to the right location. Can I change the path to the My
Documents Shortcut that shows up in the menu?

It's designed not to be altered. Only MS knows how and only MS can change it.

"tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2D505F4-9B65-4F30-9EC7-DEB04DDE1815@microsoft.com...
> common... there has to be a way
> you can adjust almost everything in windows
>

> "David Candy" wrote:
>
> > You can't.
> >
> > --
> > http://www.newmatilda.com/home/default.asp
> > "tim" <balaamsass007@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:136a01c49007$8d714cc0$3a01280a@phx.gbl...
> > >
> > > i am trying to change the options when avalible to me
> > > when i open a document or whatever. the sidebar comes up
> > > and there is a list of common directories that i would
> > > choose from...
> > >
> > > my recent documents
> > > desktop
> > > my documents
> > > my computer
> > > my network
> > >
> > > i would like to change or add an option to this part of
> > > my folder... how do i do that?

Move, not copy, My Docs whereever you want it.

"ens" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45a701c49050$c9579480$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> I was just trying to do the same thing. I use my 'D' drive
> to store my files. So the My Documents link doesn't take
> me to the right location. Can I change the path to the My
> Documents Shortcut that shows up in the menu?

RP

try tweakUI, one of the tweaks there is changing the location of special
folders, it is under the 'my computer' tab

rp