What happened to videogame company Tengen?

Last response: in Video Games
May 25, 2005 2:34:49 AM

I was watching Icons tonight and they had a show on Tetris. I tend not
to watch this series but I do like Tetris. Anyways I know Tengen was
around for quite a few years making Nintendo games and I believe
Playstation one games. Anyone know what happened to that company?
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 7:07:40 AM

<aalucard@webtv.net> wrote in message
> I was watching Icons tonight and they had a show on Tetris. I tend not
> to watch this series but I do like Tetris. Anyways I know Tengen was
> around for quite a few years making Nintendo games and I believe
> Playstation one games. Anyone know what happened to that company?

They got bought and absorbed into Time Warner Interactive, along with the
remnants of Atari's arcade division.
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 3:02:03 PM

"Leon Dexter" <leondexterNOSPAM@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> <aalucard@webtv.net> wrote in message
>> I was watching Icons tonight and they had a show on Tetris. I tend not
>> to watch this series but I do like Tetris. Anyways I know Tengen was
>> around for quite a few years making Nintendo games and I believe
>> Playstation one games. Anyone know what happened to that company?
>
> They got bought and absorbed into Time Warner Interactive, along with the
> remnants of Atari's arcade division.

Wasn't Tengen an Atari offshoot?
May 26, 2005 12:18:54 PM

Leon Dexter wrote:
> <aalucard@webtv.net> wrote in message
>
>>I was watching Icons tonight and they had a show on Tetris. I tend not
>>to watch this series but I do like Tetris. Anyways I know Tengen was
>>around for quite a few years making Nintendo games and I believe
>>Playstation one games. Anyone know what happened to that company?
>

> They got bought and absorbed into Time Warner Interactive, along with the
> remnants of Atari's arcade division.

I thought Midway/Williams bought the arcade division of Atari.
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 11:42:16 PM

"Michael Dauria" <mdauria@BeeYou.edu> wrote in message
news:D 74ere$345$1@news3.bu.edu...

> > They got bought and absorbed into Time Warner Interactive, along with
the
> > remnants of Atari's arcade division.
> >

> I thought Midway/Williams bought the arcade division of Atari.

That does ring a bell...maybe it was what was left of Atari's home division
that Time Warner ate, then. I know they got something.
!