What happened to videogame company Tengen?

I was watching Icons tonight and they had a show on Tetris. I tend not
to watch this series but I do like Tetris. Anyways I know Tengen was
around for quite a few years making Nintendo games and I believe
Playstation one games. Anyone know what happened to that company?
4 answers Last reply
More about what happened videogame company tengen

    <aalucard@webtv.net> wrote in message
    > I was watching Icons tonight and they had a show on Tetris. I tend not
    > to watch this series but I do like Tetris. Anyways I know Tengen was
    > around for quite a few years making Nintendo games and I believe
    > Playstation one games. Anyone know what happened to that company?

    They got bought and absorbed into Time Warner Interactive, along with the
    remnants of Atari's arcade division.

    "Leon Dexter" <leondexterNOSPAM@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > <aalucard@webtv.net> wrote in message
    >> I was watching Icons tonight and they had a show on Tetris. I tend not
    >> to watch this series but I do like Tetris. Anyways I know Tengen was
    >> around for quite a few years making Nintendo games and I believe
    >> Playstation one games. Anyone know what happened to that company?
    >
    > They got bought and absorbed into Time Warner Interactive, along with the
    > remnants of Atari's arcade division.

    Wasn't Tengen an Atari offshoot?

    Leon Dexter wrote:
    > <aalucard@webtv.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>I was watching Icons tonight and they had a show on Tetris. I tend not
    >>to watch this series but I do like Tetris. Anyways I know Tengen was
    >>around for quite a few years making Nintendo games and I believe
    >>Playstation one games. Anyone know what happened to that company?
    >

    > They got bought and absorbed into Time Warner Interactive, along with the
    > remnants of Atari's arcade division.

    I thought Midway/Williams bought the arcade division of Atari.

    "Michael Dauria" <mdauria@BeeYou.edu> wrote in message

    > > They got bought and absorbed into Time Warner Interactive, along with
    the
    > > remnants of Atari's arcade division.
    > >

    > I thought Midway/Williams bought the arcade division of Atari.

    That does ring a bell...maybe it was what was left of Atari's home division
    that Time Warner ate, then. I know they got something.

Console Gaming Games Video Video Games