Swapping motherboard/CPU and Win 7

I just got my new motherboard and CPU, and I'm wondering if I should

1. Delete the partition and reinstall Windows 7 before installing the motherboard

or 2. Delete the partiation AFTER installing the motherboard, and then reinstall Windows 7.
4 answers Last reply
More about swapping motherboard
  1. You don't have to do either of them, just connect anything and put in the DVD (win7) to start installation.
    I have the link for clean install win7. http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1649-clean-install-windows-7-a.html
  2. OK So just to clarify, it won't conflict with anything currently installed on my HDD when I boot up the system? It will allow me to boot directly from the CD and reinstall Windows as usual after installing the new motherboard and CPU?
  3. Yes, as long as you set the 1st boot order is the CD/DVD drive in the BIOS and you will be fine.
  4. Well I have the OEM version of Windows 7, so glad I didnt reinstall. Regardless, the new motherboard I bought didnt fix the issue I was having, so I'm reverting back to the old one seeing as it's not broken like I thought it was and now I don't have to buy another version of Windows.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Windows 7 CPUs