Need Help finding After Market CPU Fan / heat sink

Hello.

I am in need of replacing my CPU. This morning when I powered on my computer I got a Bio CPU Fan Error. I right away I pulled the side panel of my computer case and the fan was running, so to test it. I powered down, and restarted the computer and the fan was sticking before starting. After a good cleaning with the compressed can air I think I might have fixed the problem ( It is no longer stick, the fan moves freely now, and after testing it 10 times it seems to work ) But I am going to replace the CPU because it is better safe then sorry.

So here is where my problem starts. While I am not a moron when it comes to computers. I even built my own, and studying the subject. ( Mostly networking ) I do like to get a second opinion because with my luck I will screw on my own machine. ( and my luck has been horrible lately )

So. what I want to ask is. Will this CPU Fan and Heat Sink work with This Motherboard, and if not. Which Heat Sink would you recommend.

I am 99% sure it will work, but I can't afford to take a chance. If I lose this computer I am out of luck for a long time.
6 answers Last reply
More about need finding market heat sink
  1. I also forgot to add. My Case has a Air tunnel that goes over the CPU from the side of the case.
  2. Yes it will fit.

Not sure what you mean by air tunnel...... you mean those silly things dell put on some systems with the huge heatsink and a plastic tunnel leading to the front of the case and a big 120mm fan? If you do you will likely want to rip that plastic tunnel out before installing that new one.
  3. Yes. It is one of those. I guess it is more of a funnel then a tunnel.

here is a picture of mine.

And here is a tape measure next to it. comes out to just a little below 3 inches.

Also I do like that heat sink, but I am not sure if I have room in my case. I guess I do but it will be a right fit.
  4. I would tear that tunnel out I cant see any real benefit to it. If anything it probably impedes airflow around the case.

The 212 i linked is an awesome cooler if it will fit your case and only a tiny bit more to buy than the one you linked.
  5. wr6133 said:
    I would tear that tunnel out I cant see any real benefit to it. If anything it probably impedes airflow around the case.

The 212 i linked is an awesome cooler if it will fit your case and only a tiny bit more to buy than the one you linked.

I will have to check that out. I am not sure if I have the room, but if I do. I will go ahead and grab that one instead.

Thanks for you help. :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers CPUs Components Product