Epson Perfection 1240u photo

I have an Epson Perfection 1240u which I want to use to copy photo slides the trouble is I bought this some years ago when I was using a 32bit system.
There isn't a 64bit driver available so it won't work I have installed Vu-Scan but with this the computer does not see the scanner anybody any ideas
3 answers Last reply
More about epson perfection 1240u photo
  1. Hi :)

You will have to buy a new windows 7 scanner...

All the best Brett :)
  2. grahamwhibley said:
    I have an Epson Perfection 1240u which I want to use to copy photo slides the trouble is I bought this some years ago when I was using a 32bit system.
    There isn't a 64bit driver available so it won't work I have installed Vu-Scan but with this the computer does not see the scanner anybody any ideas

Try the vista drivers:
    http://nafcom.blogspot.com/2007/06/epson-perfection-2480-photo-vista-x64.html
    I know it's a different model but the link below explains how to get around that.
    http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/185132-unofficial-drivers-epson-perfection-1660-scanner-3.html
    It worked for me. Hey it's worth a shot! :)
  3. grahamwhibley said:

I had the same problem and did the following and my 1240 now works perfectly on Windows 7 64-bit

Download Epson Perfection 2400 64 bit driver from Epson website.

Install Epson driver (epson12180.exe) I installed them all but think think you probably only need to install 2400.

Connect Scanner. Find it in Device Manager. Right-click > Update driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (select imaging device if it asks type) > Epson perfection 2400. You're done.
Ask a new question

Read More

Photo Epson Components