Sign in with
Your question
Closed

What have i blowen? 4 pin fan controller? or?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 31, 2011 3:16:18 AM

I recently installed an Arctic Accelero 2, onto my GTX 560 TI. i plugged the 3 pin into the GPU and booted at no avail nothing fans did not start so i grabbed the molex fan adapter it came with and plugged the 4 pin into the adapter. so i have the 3 pin into the GPU and 2 pins into the 4 pin connector. ( the adapter puts 2 pins into the 3 pin and 2 into the 4 pin ) when i booted up my GPU sent a flare out the side and i shat myself as it was brand new, but fans started no graphical problem all good.

i was wondering what have i blown and if possible what could i get to control the fans speeds of this GPU cooler as i believe its the only thing making noise.

Best solution

a c 1377 U Graphics card
October 31, 2011 4:16:39 AM

Sound like you blew the fan circuitry on the GPU with the fan controls! You are now pulling power directly from the PSU with out a manual controller in between it is going full speed.
October 31, 2011 9:28:45 AM

okay thats exactly what i expected, is there a fan controller i can purchase that i can plug the fans into to control then because they are the loudest part of my computer.
Score
Related resources
a c 1377 U Graphics card
October 31, 2011 5:34:19 PM

Regular case fan controller would do that but it is manual and you would have to monitor temps.
Score
October 31, 2011 8:24:42 PM

so my original problem was that the 3 pin on the gpu did not supply the 12V required? and as long as i could supply 12V through the 3 pin connector the 4pin would become redundant int the circuit? i am looking at getting the NZXT sentry LXE? i have an RV01 case with 3 system fans.
Score
November 10, 2011 7:30:57 AM

Best answer selected by shabusta.
Score
a c 169 U Graphics card
November 10, 2011 11:09:57 AM

This topic has been closed by Maziar
Score
!