Back panel comparison between PS3 and xflop 1.5 full circle

Last response: in Video Games
May 25, 2005 10:31:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

It was kind of funny, how skitterish the xflop 1.5 full circle was
about having its back panel photographed at E3. There wasn't an actual
xflop 1.5 full circle at E3 but all the displays of the mockups were
arranged so the back panel couldn't be seen. During the whole time,
there wasn't a single one that was shown actually hooked up to any
display through the back panel. Sony proudly held up the PS3 and showed
the back panel many times, fully knowing that is where the meat of the
box is, the main interface to everything. Now, there is a photo
comparing the back panels between the two. Which one looks like it will
be the most versatile, capable and expandable? Any wonder why xflop 1.5
full circle was trying so hard to hide its back panel? It is hilarious
all the damage control that is going with the xflop 1.5 full circle
fanfairies, almost like clowns running the circus.

http://img.engadget.com/common/images/8424310331920621....
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 1:47:57 AM

Bill Cable wrote:

> Are those to scale?

No. The 360 is shorter and thinner than the PS3.

-Z-
May 26, 2005 6:08:10 AM

In alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 Blig Merk <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote:
> It was kind of funny, how skitterish the xflop 1.5 full circle was
> about having its back panel photographed at E3. There wasn't an actual
> xflop 1.5 full circle at E3 but all the displays of the mockups were
> arranged so the back panel couldn't be seen. During the whole time,
> there wasn't a single one that was shown actually hooked up to any
> display through the back panel. Sony proudly held up the PS3 and showed
> the back panel many times, fully knowing that is where the meat of the
> box is, the main interface to everything. Now, there is a photo
> comparing the back panels between the two. Which one looks like it will
> be the most versatile, capable and expandable? Any wonder why xflop 1.5
> full circle was trying so hard to hide its back panel? It is hilarious
> all the damage control that is going with the xflop 1.5 full circle
> fanfairies, almost like clowns running the circus.

> http://img.engadget.com/common/images/8424310331920621....

What all do you need on the back of the console anyways? The power plug,
the AV plug, the ethernet plug and what else? The 360 will probably use the
same custom cable/dongle system that the Xbox uses.

The front of the system is what's more important - that's where the
controllers and ports for any other removable devices (memory card, USB
keyboard/mouse, etc.) are going to be.

Considering that XBox 360 doesn't seem to be quite completed yet,
Microsoft probably didn't have a fully finished mockup to show at E3.
They seemed pretty ill-prepared, if you ask me.

Now then, what are all the ports on the back of the PS3? Looks like
you've got power, the confusing on/off switch, the AV port, ethernet,
and optical audio. But whare those other two ethernet-sized ports on top,
not to mention those 4 smaller ports? USB? Why does a console need 4
separate USB ports? 1 on the back, sure. 2 even. But 4? On the back?

Well, early PS1 and PS2 models had extra ports that were eventually
dropped, maybe it'll be the same with the PS3...
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 6:08:11 AM

Blig Merk wrote:

> I am
> building a system right now that will use passive polarized glasses.

Maybe you and Wyatt should get together and use your computer to make a
woman. At least then you might finally get laid. Seriously, could you be a
bigger dork?

> It is for stupid people, you know.

"TEH EXKS FLOPZORS IS FOR TEH STOOPID PEEPLE U KNO! THATS WHAT MY DADY SAYD>
HE COULD BEET UP YOUR DAD TO!!!1" You just answered my question: No, in
fact, you could not be a bigger dork.

-Z-
May 26, 2005 2:36:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1117071071.380820.128130
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

> It was kind of funny, how skitterish the xflop 1.5 full circle was
> about having its back panel photographed at E3. There wasn't an actual
> xflop 1.5 full circle at E3 but all the displays of the mockups were
> arranged so the back panel couldn't be seen. During the whole time,
> there wasn't a single one that was shown actually hooked up to any
> display through the back panel. Sony proudly held up the PS3 and showed
> the back panel many times, fully knowing that is where the meat of the
> box is, the main interface to everything. Now, there is a photo
> comparing the back panels between the two. Which one looks like it will
> be the most versatile, capable and expandable? Any wonder why xflop 1.5
> full circle was trying so hard to hide its back panel? It is hilarious
> all the damage control that is going with the xflop 1.5 full circle
> fanfairies, almost like clowns running the circus.
>
> http://img.engadget.com/common/images/8424310331920621....

Don't feed the troll!
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 2:36:16 PM

"AJC" <benny@abba.se> wrote in message
> "Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1117071071.380820.128130
> @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:
>
>> It was kind of funny, how skitterish the xflop 1.5 full circle was
>> about having its back panel photographed at E3. There wasn't an actual
>> xflop 1.5 full circle at E3 but all the displays of the mockups were
>> arranged so the back panel couldn't be seen. During the whole time,
>> there wasn't a single one that was shown actually hooked up to any
>> display through the back panel. Sony proudly held up the PS3 and showed
>> the back panel many times, fully knowing that is where the meat of the
>> box is, the main interface to everything. Now, there is a photo
>> comparing the back panels between the two. Which one looks like it will
>> be the most versatile, capable and expandable? Any wonder why xflop 1.5
>> full circle was trying so hard to hide its back panel? It is hilarious
>> all the damage control that is going with the xflop 1.5 full circle
>> fanfairies, almost like clowns running the circus.
>>
>> http://img.engadget.com/common/images/8424310331920621....
>
> Don't feed the troll!

Don't feed any of the trollS !!! ;p
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 4:23:02 PM

"Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message
> Blig Merk wrote:
>
>> I am
>> building a system right now that will use passive polarized glasses.
>
> Maybe you and Wyatt should get together and use your computer to make a
> woman.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLO!

Dude, you're an A1 bitch boy, but that was actually funny. I guess every
lap dog has his day, no?
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 5:23:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"AJC" <benny@abba.se> wrote in message
> Don't feed the troll!

that's funny coming from you
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 5:25:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

I was really hoping for more versatility from MS but maybe the adapter will
have it.
I hope the XBox 360 is HDMI or DVI capable
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 9:23:13 PM

Fred Liken wrote:

> Dude, you're an A1 bitch boy, but that was actually funny. I guess
> every lap dog has his day, no?

It pains me that a tool like you is the only one who got the reference.

-Z-
May 26, 2005 10:35:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in news:I8CdnVqM7paHmwvfRVn-
gw@suscom.com:

> "AJC" <benny@abba.se> wrote in message
>> Don't feed the troll!
>
> that's funny coming from you

And the sad thing is, that you believe 100% on Fony's hype about PiS3.
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 10:35:10 PM

> "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in
> gw@suscom.com:
>

>> "AJC" <benny@abba.se> wrote in message
>>> Don't feed the troll!
>>
>> that's funny coming from you
>
> And the sad thing is, that you believe 100% on Fony's hype about PiS3.

At least you're man (this is a real stretch, bare with me) to admit you're a
troll and system basher?
so sorry i hit a nerve with yah lil man.
just goes to show you a new troll/system basher because the regular people
that frequent these groups know the XBox is my system of choice
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 12:28:08 AM

Zackman wrote:

> It pains me that a tool like you is the only one who got the
> reference.

Weird Science.
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 12:37:56 AM

MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
> One question for you Bliggy.
> 1. The first Xbox was more powerful than the PS2 and had many more features so

It wasn't and didn't. That was just XFLop Fanfairies eating up the
Microsoft bullshit that was doled out to them. Remember when it was
said that all XFLop games would be 1080i? Never happened. In fact, 720p
was very rare and 480p was almost as rare. The XFLop fanfairies kept
saying the PS2 wasn't capable of 480p. Wrong. The one thing that the
XFLop had was a better TV-out chip, that was all.

> why didn't you beat Sony down for the last four years for putting out a
> console that was already obsolete?

This is an interesting question because there is a transformation
occurring. Microsoft has realized they have lost the next generation
graphics and processing power war, so they have switched their
propaganda tactics. It is even more interesting that Zackbitch has
already started being the early mouthpiece for this new "strategy".
This is the new strategy (it makes absolutely no sense but xflop 1.5
full circle fanfairies will be repeating this litany with dull monotony
from here on):

"Microsoft's positioning has changed as completely and dramatically
as one of its new console's removable faceplates. According to its
Xbox executives, it's (now) not about better graphics. It's not
about better sound (this time). It's (suddenly) not about more
capacity. It's not about having a custom CPU (or presumably a new
graphics processor). It's not even about the potential Microsoft
advantage of launching earlier than your competition. And it's not
about serving as a more affordable Windows Media Center or more
powerful Media Center Extender."

xflop 1.5 full circle - It's Not!!!
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 12:52:18 AM

Hank the Rapper wrote:

> Weird Science.

It pains me that you and Fred have something in common.

-Z-
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 3:34:25 AM

DaveC wrote:

> And what do you notice about the Foreman grill shaped PS3 case
> besides that it is hideous? The complete lack of cooling holes
> ANYWHERE. What does that mean? That it is FAKE!!!

Dude, what's been shown is essentially a mock-up of the final case. There
are vents along the top (if its standing vertically) and more may be added
later for all we know. It is an asymmetrical hybrid between a fax machine
and a Foreman grill, but I'm sure it'll work just fine. And it doesn't look
THAT bad. It's prettier than the original Xbox at least, even if it is gonna
be the fattest and longest of the next gen consoles.

The overabundance of USB ports I can sort of get (if you assume four of them
are for wired controllers if you want them), but it's the two Ethernet OUT
ports that seem a little ambitious. Not to mention the second HD out port
that only rich people and hopeless dorks like "I MAKE TEH POLERISED
GLASSES!!1" Bligmerk will use. Then again, it was Sony who put the next to
useless Firewire port on the PS2. If they want to run up the cost of their
machine with ports that only 2% of consumers will use, that's their
perogative.

-Z-
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 5:32:25 AM

In alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 Boody Bandit <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I was really hoping for more versatility from MS but maybe the adapter will
> have it.
> I hope the XBox 360 is HDMI or DVI capable

That's my guess - you'll have to buy a special adaptor from Microsoft just
as you had to for the component video/TOSLink connectors.

I gotta ask though...what's with consoles and their proprietary
connectors? Why can't someone just put a standard set of outputs on the
back of one these things?
May 27, 2005 5:32:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

In article <119cu59brmcbeb4@corp.supernews.com>,
Doug Jacobs <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote:

> In alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 Boody Bandit <boodybandit@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I was really hoping for more versatility from MS but maybe the adapter will
> > have it.
> > I hope the XBox 360 is HDMI or DVI capable
>
> That's my guess - you'll have to buy a special adaptor from Microsoft just
> as you had to for the component video/TOSLink connectors.

HDMI and DVI are digital, component is analog. It needs more than an
adaptor if the X360 doesn't output DVI video.

> I gotta ask though...what's with consoles and their proprietary
> connectors? Why can't someone just put a standard set of outputs on the
> back of one these things?

Because different regions use different connectors maybe? Europe uses
something called SCART I believe. So with the same interface, they can
just change the cable instead of the whole box depending on which region
it's for.
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 11:47:20 AM

"Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
> In alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 Boody Bandit
> <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I was really hoping for more versatility from MS but maybe the adapter
>> will
>> have it.
>> I hope the XBox 360 is HDMI or DVI capable
>
> That's my guess - you'll have to buy a special adaptor from Microsoft just
> as you had to for the component video/TOSLink connectors.
>
> I gotta ask though...what's with consoles and their proprietary
> connectors? Why can't someone just put a standard set of outputs on the
> back of one these things?

Sony has with it's P3.
It has direct HDMI and optical outputs on the back panel.
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 2:39:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote

>> Dude, you're an A1 bitch boy, but that was actually funny. I guess
>> every lap dog has his day, no?
>
> It pains me that a tool like you is the only one who got the reference.

Oh, don't worry about it, lap dog; I'm sure they still thought your bark was
cute like I do.
Who's my widdle puddin' pop! Yes, yes! You're my widdle puddin' pop!
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 2:39:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message

> That's my guess - you'll have to buy a special adaptor from Microsoft just
> as you had to for the component video/TOSLink connectors.
>
> I gotta ask though...what's with consoles and their proprietary
> connectors? Why can't someone just put a standard set of outputs on the
> back of one these things?

Cost.
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 2:41:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote

>> It pains me that a tool like you is the only one who got the
>> reference.
>
> Weird Science.

Kelly LeBrock is (was) hawt.
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 2:42:11 PM

> Hank the Rapper wrote:
>
>> Weird Science.
>
> It pains me that you and Fred have something in common.

Oh, my widdle puddin' pop has many pains lately! Maybe time to take you to
the V E T.
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 7:43:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

In article <1117165075.980207.82470@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
blig_murk@yahoo.com says...

>MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
>> One question for you Bliggy.
>> 1. The first Xbox was more powerful than the PS2 and had many more features
so

>It wasn't and didn't. That was just XFLop Fanfairies eating up the
>Microsoft bullshit that was doled out to them. Remember when it was
>said that all XFLop games would be 1080i? Never happened. In fact, 720p
>was very rare and 480p was almost as rare. The XFLop fanfairies kept
>saying the PS2 wasn't capable of 480p. Wrong. The one thing that the
>XFLop had was a better TV-out chip, that was all.

That sure is weird because it seems that on my TV all my Xbox games look much
better then their PS2 versions. I guess I must have a special PS2 that had
certain features that were left out.

>> why didn't you beat Sony down for the last four years for putting out a
>> console that was already obsolete?
>
>This is an interesting question because there is a transformation
>occurring. Microsoft has realized they have lost the next generation
>graphics and processing power war, so they have switched their
>propaganda tactics. It is even more interesting that Zackbitch has
>already started being the early mouthpiece for this new "strategy".
>This is the new strategy (it makes absolutely no sense but xflop 1.5
>full circle fanfairies will be repeating this litany with dull monotony
>from here on):
>
>"Microsoft's positioning has changed as completely and dramatically
>as one of its new console's removable faceplates. According to its
>Xbox executives, it's (now) not about better graphics. It's not
>about better sound (this time). It's (suddenly) not about more
>capacity. It's not about having a custom CPU (or presumably a new
>graphics processor). It's not even about the potential Microsoft
>advantage of launching earlier than your competition. And it's not
>about serving as a more affordable Windows Media Center or more
>powerful Media Center Extender."
>
>xflop 1.5 full circle - It's Not!!!

Hate to break it to ya Bliggy but both the PS3 and the Xbox 360 are going to
be great systems and the only thing you have to look forward to is another
four or five years of being jealous of all the games you won't get to play
because of some stupid hangup you have with MS.
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 8:02:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

In article <42973e83$0$90581$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

>"Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote
>
>>> Dude, you're an A1 bitch boy, but that was actually funny. I guess
>>> every lap dog has his day, no?
>>
>> It pains me that a tool like you is the only one who got the reference.
>
>Oh, don't worry about it, lap dog; I'm sure they still thought your bark was
>cute like I do.
>Who's my widdle puddin' pop! Yes, yes! You're my widdle puddin' pop!

Is that how you talk to Robby in the sack?
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 8:02:11 PM

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
> In article <42973e83$0$90581$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
> fredliken@toocool4school.com says...
>>
>>"Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote

>>> It pains me that a tool like you is the only one who got the reference.
>>
>>Oh, don't worry about it, lap dog; I'm sure they still thought your bark
>>was
>>cute like I do.
>>Who's my widdle puddin' pop! Yes, yes! You're my widdle puddin' pop!
>>

> Is that how you talk to Robby in the sack?

Who's Roddy?
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 8:45:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

In article <42974810$0$90541$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>> In article <42973e83$0$90581$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
>> fredliken@toocool4school.com says...
>>>
>>>"Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote

>>>Oh, don't worry about it, lap dog; I'm sure they still thought your bark
>>>was
>>>cute like I do.
>>>Who's my widdle puddin' pop! Yes, yes! You're my widdle puddin' pop!
>>>

>> Is that how you talk to Robby in the sack?
>
>Who's Roddy?

Not sure who Roddy is? I said Robby which is Mr. Holley. I heard he likes to
go by Robby when hes over at Neverland on sleepovers. I'm just jealous thats
all.
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 8:45:31 PM

>>> Is that how you talk to Robby in the sack?
>>
>>Who's Roddy?
>>
> Not sure who Roddy is? I said Robby which is Mr. Holley. I heard he likes
> go by Robby when hes over at Neverland on sleepovers. I'm just jealous
> thats
> all.

Oh, my bad. No, wpp is what I call Zackman when he's being a bad lap doggy.
He's such a dumb lap doggy.
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 11:27:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

In article <4297635d$0$90611$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message

>>>Who's Roddy?
>>>
>> Not sure who Roddy is? I said Robby which is Mr. Holley. I heard he likes
>> go by Robby when hes over at Neverland on sleepovers. I'm just jealous
>> thats
>> all.
>
>Oh, my bad. No, wpp is what I call Zackman when he's being a bad lap doggy.
>He's such a dumb lap doggy.

I thought you and Robby were lovers?
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 11:27:28 PM

>>Oh, my bad. No, wpp is what I call Zackman when he's being a bad lap
>>doggy.
>>He's such a dumb lap doggy.
>>
> I thought you and Robby were lovers?

News to me. I'm not sure why you'd say that.
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 1:26:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

In article <42978804$0$90540$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>
>>>Oh, my bad. No, wpp is what I call Zackman when he's being a bad lap
>>>doggy.
>>>He's such a dumb lap doggy.
>>>
>> I thought you and Robby were lovers?
>
>News to me. I'm not sure why you'd say that.

Because love is a many splendored thing.
!