Gaming computer build will not start up

So I recently bought all my parts seperately but I made sure the parts are all compatible.

I have an Asus F1 A75-M LE motherboard, an A8-3850 Quad Core AMD 2.9GHz processor, DDR3 8GB RAM from Kingston HyperX, a 400W Diablotek ATX power supply DA series, and a HAF 912 Series case from Cooler Master.

I put it all together and I plugged the power supply in. I turned on the power on the power supply and the green LED on the board turned on but when I pressed the power button on the case, nothing happened. The fans included in the case are not running. I suspect it is the power supply that is the problem but I just wanted some other opinions.

Thanks.

EDIT: I apologize for my double post. When I first tried to post the first thread, it said it didn't successfully post..
7 answers Last reply
More about gaming computer build start
  1. First I would say to check all your connections. Did you plug in the connector for the CPU? Did you connect the front header connections correct?
  2. From what I know, I have. Uhm, there was some confusion with the two pin front header connectors. Usually the ground wire is white but that is only the case with one of the connectors(the reset button I believe) but on the power button, the ground wire is the colored one. I'm not sure if this is a marking mistake or if anybody else has noticed this..or what?
  3. The negative wire is usually black from my experiences while the positive wire is colored, such as red, blue, etc...
  4. purplepinata101 said:
    From what I know, I have. Uhm, there was some confusion with the two pin front header connectors. Usually the ground wire is white but that is only the case with one of the connectors(the reset button I believe) but on the power button, the ground wire is the colored one. I'm not sure if this is a marking mistake or if anybody else has noticed this..or what?

Polarity doesn't matter for switches.

Diablowtek, not good dude
  5. Tut tut for not buying a branded PSU... might come back to bite you that one.

Check those fiddly little wires.. the motherboard manual should have that sorted out. Seems like that's your problem.

PS: You DID plug in all the mobo headers right? Any extra 4/8-pin apart from the classic 20/24-pin header?
  6. Delluser1:
    My dad bought it for me and I don't think he has a firm grasp on the "you get what you pay for" concept. I mean really, even the high quality ones aren't that expensive...whatever.

N-dru: Yes, lol I did plug all the headers in. What do you mean extra 4/8 pin? I'm fairly new to building computers :I
  7. Perform every step in the checklist found in my signature. It was created to troubleshoot this exact type of problem. The 4/8-pin connector mentioned by n-dru is step #2 on the checklist. That's easily the most common new builder mistake.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Power Supplies Systems