Volume icon beeps after adjustment

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I must be one of the few people who like having a volume control in the
tray - but the darn thing beeps at me after I've moved the slider. No
sound associated in the system sounds area, unless I'm blind, and all
the tweaks I've found are for removal not silencing.

If I knew which .wav it might be using I could possibly move or delete
it.

--
Richard, whose Squeaky Chair can be seen at http://www.squeaky.demon.co.uk

"Women might be able to fake orgasms. But men can fake whole relationships."
-- Sharon Stone

Hi Richard,

That is by design. If you remove all sounds from the sounds scheme, then everytime you move the slider, there will be a
"beep" sound.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Richard" <Richard@pridge.uk.uk> wrote in message news:cPQeDPJvXfNBFwF0@squeaky.demon.co.uk...

> I must be one of the few people who like having a volume control in the tray - but the darn thing beeps at me after
> I've moved the slider. No sound associated in the system sounds area, unless I'm blind, and all the tweaks I've found
> are for removal not silencing.
>
> If I knew which .wav it might be using I could possibly move or delete it.
>

> --
> Richard, whose Squeaky Chair can be seen at http://www.squeaky.demon.co.uk
>
> "Women might be able to fake orgasms. But men can fake whole relationships."
> -- Sharon Stone

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Some people said things, and then:-
David Candy added

>It's the default beep sound. If set to None then the Beep On Error
>setting will take control. Default Beep is a wav file and Beep On Error
>is the internal speaker.
>HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Sound
>Beep=yes or no

Give me a few seconds...

..still there; or do I need to reboot?

--
Richard, whose Squeaky Chair can be seen at http://www.squeaky.demon.co.uk

Research is the art of going up alleys to see if they are blind.
[Marston Bates]

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Some people said things, and then:-
Anando [MS-MVP] added

>Hi Richard,
>
>That is by design. If you remove all sounds from the sounds scheme,
>then everytime you move the slider, there will be a "beep" sound.

So if I put a sound back in somewhere, this will stop? Great.

Nope. Not yet. How many sound effects? Or One particular one, do you
know?

>--
>
>Anando
>Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
>http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>http://www.mvps.org
>
>Folder customizations
>http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>
>Protect your PC!
>http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

>"Richard" <Richard@pridge.uk.uk> wrote in message news:cPQeDPJvXfNBFwF0@squeaky.demon.co.uk...
>>

>> I must be one of the few people who like having a volume control in the tray - but the darn thing beeps at me after
>> I've moved the slider. No sound associated in the system sounds area, unless I'm blind, and all the tweaks I've found
>> are for removal not silencing.
>>
>> If I knew which .wav it might be using I could possibly move or delete it.
>>

>> --
>> Richard, whose Squeaky Chair can be seen at http://www.squeaky.demon.co.uk
>>
>> "Women might be able to fake orgasms. But men can fake whole relationships."
>> -- Sharon Stone

I guess David has answered your querries :eek:)

--

"Richard" <Richard@pridge.uk.uk> wrote in message news:BxO5ssOXygNBFwVb@squeaky.demon.co.uk...
> Some people said things, and then:-
> Anando [MS-MVP] added
>
>>Hi Richard,
>>
>>That is by design. If you remove all sounds from the sounds scheme, then everytime you move the slider, there will be
>>a "beep" sound.
>
> So if I put a sound back in somewhere, this will stop? Great.
>
> Nope. Not yet. How many sound effects? Or One particular one, do you know?
>

>>--
>>
>>Anando
>>Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
>>http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>>http://www.mvps.org
>>
>>Folder customizations
>>http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>>
>>Protect your PC!
>>http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>>

>>"Richard" <Richard@pridge.uk.uk> wrote in message news:cPQeDPJvXfNBFwF0@squeaky.demon.co.uk...
>>>

>>> I must be one of the few people who like having a volume control in the tray - but the darn thing beeps at me after
>>> I've moved the slider. No sound associated in the system sounds area, unless I'm blind, and all the tweaks I've
>>> found
>>> are for removal not silencing.
>>>
>>> If I knew which .wav it might be using I could possibly move or delete it.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Richard, whose Squeaky Chair can be seen at http://www.squeaky.demon.co.uk
>>>
>>> "Women might be able to fake orgasms. But men can fake whole relationships."
>>> -- Sharon Stone
>>>

> --

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Some people said things, and then:-
David Candy added

>You probably have to reboot. I used Tweakui to change the registry and
>it's live that way. Remember you have to set TWO things - the wav to
>none and beep to no.

Problem solved. I have BOTH solutions in place and so I have no idea
which one [or both] solved it, and I'm sure as heck not going to put the
fault back again to find out.

So thanks gents. I appreciate the help.

--
Richard, whose Squeaky Chair can be seen at http://www.squeaky.demon.co.uk

"Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves
of the things we do like." -Ernest Benn

http://www.newmatilda.com/home/default.asp

"Richard" <Richard@pridge.uk.uk> wrote in message news:QxS9sTOnsgNBFwXY@squeaky.demon.co.uk...
> Some people said things, and then:-
> David Candy added
>
> >It's the default beep sound. If set to None then the Beep On Error
> >setting will take control. Default Beep is a wav file and Beep On Error
> >is the internal speaker.
> >HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Sound
> >Beep=yes or no
>
> Give me a few seconds...
>
> ..still there; or do I need to reboot?
>

> --
> Richard, whose Squeaky Chair can be seen at http://www.squeaky.demon.co.uk
>
> Research is the art of going up alleys to see if they are blind.
> [Marston Bates]

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Some people said things, and then:-
Anando [MS-MVP] added

>I guess David has answered your querries :eek:)

Yes thanks.

--
Richard, whose Squeaky Chair can be seen at http://www.squeaky.demon.co.uk

REAL LIFE: You know. That weird program where people are solid 3D
generated figures that can actually hit you.