Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia driver error messages

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 31, 2011 7:32:01 AM

While playing BF3, the game keeps crashing and displaying this message:

Also, I tried running 3dmark 11 and cinebench and both fail to complete a benchmark. Cinebench starts running and it looks fine but then I get an error message saying something like it timed out. 3dmark just doesn't run.

I installed the latest driver from Nvidia (specifically the one meant for BF3) and the system is brand new. Specs in the sig.

What's the problem and how do I fix it?
October 31, 2011 8:11:30 AM

Mention your complete system specification along with brand names.
m
l
October 31, 2011 8:19:30 AM

Same problem, GTS 250 1gb
m
l
Related resources
October 31, 2011 8:38:28 AM

Could you try going back to an older driver? Like 275.xx. There have been numerous reports of issues with 285.xx on older cards.
m
l
October 31, 2011 8:54:31 AM

Well as I said it's a brand new system so the most up to date driver is the only one I have ever put on there. Perhaps I am missing a piece? Don't know what that would be though...
m
l
October 31, 2011 8:57:16 AM

Ooops... I was referring to the GTS250. Anyways you can also try moving driver back and see if it solves the problems.
m
l
October 31, 2011 9:42:59 AM

Generally a fault graphics card, have you got another pcie card laying around or steal one from a mate to see if it persists.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
October 31, 2011 9:47:23 AM

go into the device manager and uninstall the card. reboot. let windows find card. after that you can run game to see how it goes,,,,,, and/or after that you can install the newest driver......... or you can go to Windows Update and see what they have.
m
l
October 31, 2011 11:11:15 PM

happening to lots of folk when the card is clocked too high and/or temps get too high I believe, can you run a test and report max temps up until point of crash?

chaz
m
l
November 2, 2011 8:53:28 AM

It's weird I've had the same problems with my rig since the new drivers. I have dual 580s WC (so I know temp isn't the issue in my case at least) but I still get crashes on BF3 with the same error message popping up after. My cards did come factory OC, so I'll try removing that and see if it helps.

But I don't think his issue is necessarily because of a faulty card or overheating, what temps do you hit on load?
m
l
November 2, 2011 2:38:28 PM

My temps are fine. I can play BF3 for hours and the highest temp I've seen is maybe low to mid 50's (degrees Celsius). The card IS factory overclocked but I can't imagine that is the issue. It has to be some software/driver issue.

Everything in the system is new and high quality and the system playing BFBC2 can hit the 200 fps cap. On stock settings, I get BF3 over 100 easy with an average of 80-90 fps (my monitor is old school so highest rez is 1440).

I have windows xp on my HDD and windows 7 on my ssd. Perhaps somewhere along the line in the software installation, there was a software mix up and that's causing the issues?

Either way, I'm going to delete both hard drives, reformat and install only win 7 and then get fresh drivers from the website. Hope that will solve my issues.

P.S. I can play multiplayer pretty well, but campaign has gotten really buggy at specific spots and crashes pretty much as soon as I go to a specific place (operation guillotine). And I was having issues on a couple other mission spots as well. The driver problem also appears when I run benchmarks (i.e. 3dmark11 and cinebench).
m
l
November 2, 2011 4:50:47 PM

are these all 1gb cards? (mine are) ill be doing some testing later using 1080p ultra but reduced and nil AA as suggested in other thread seems to be a "more than 1gb of vram needed to play bf3 @ ultra" theme building

chaz
m
l
November 3, 2011 8:07:04 AM

My card is 1.2 gb of gddr5 (gtx 570). I just ran a benchmark and for the first time it didn't crash so I'm thinking I had a driver issue. I'll get back if I have it fixed.
m
l
!