Need a motherboard choice

funsam

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013
Hi, I'm new to forum, but been using this site for years for info, problem I have is on a budget planning on buying a new cpu.
AMD ADX640WFGMBOX Athlon II X4 640
price come down to around £55 in uk now, so finally in my price range.

problem I'm having I looked at the tests you did on this processor when was released using:-
Gigabyte MA790FXT-UD5P
Unfortunately either that mobo wasn't for sale in uk, or no one sells it anymore. I can buy new memory so that's not a problem & have a HD7750 graphics card i'll be using in system.

Any suggestions on good alternatives would be appreciated.

ps. I will be using for MMORPG gaming mainly, ie Final fantasy 14:Re born(when re-released), Star Wars:The Old Republic & maybe Elder scrolls:Online when released.

Thank in advance and keep up the good work on your bench marks & info.

If you can find the one like GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard ( any version V3, V1.4 or V1.1), because the MA790FXT-UD5P has the AM3 socket that is old. And the manufacturer may not make them anymore.

If you get new MB like the AM3+ socket type you can upgrade the cup like FX one later if you want.

funsam

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013
Thx cin19 for help, I hadn't seen this MB while I was searching for one. & seems ideal for my needs, in my price range too with supplies in U.K. also chance to crossfire it eventually. much better than original board I was looking at.
Thank you