Help overclocking my PC for Battlefield 3

hameem 1

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2011
i want some help overclocking my phenom ii x4 955 and my MSI GTX 560 Ti
how to overclock my CPU and change it from 16x to 18x through BIOS . .
i have MSI after burn and AMD overdrive and my mother board is ASrock .. and my system is listed below ..
a step by step instruction will be really helpful

AMD BE overclock
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/258573-29-black-edition-overclock-guide-raising-multiplier
in short, you need to only raise up the multiplier, raise it step by step until you're not stable. Then you need to Increase the VCore, maximum 1.47-1.5 V for 4.0 GHz OC.

For the GTX 560TI, bump up Core clock by 30 MHz, shader clock by 50 MHz, Memory clock by 100 MHz and test stability (play games) if you're stable, bump up each by (xx MHz) repeat those steps till you are unstable (freezing, crashing, BSODs) then you need to raise the GPU voltage.

Note 1 : check your temps after each overclock
Note 2 : Don't mess up with voltage a lot n order not to kill your GPU.

hameem 1

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2011

my English is not my main language . . i don't exactly mean to say what i posted . . am not sure if it's ok to say such thing . . sorry if its not a manner thing to say.

That is what gothems meant. It's not polite to demand "STEP by STEP" help. First, we have no problems with helping people. In fact, that is one of the purposes of the forums. But we expect people to make some effort on their own.

Second, overclocking is not a cookbook (step-by-step) process. That is why the guides are called "guides".

Third, if you know some of the principles, you will be better at recognizing problems when you see them.

Hyper TX3 is not that great CPU cooler, it won't cope up with 4.0 GHz OC, the CPU will get heated and you'll have performance issues.

Upgrade your CPU cooler to a Hyper 212+ or V6GT for stable 24/7 OC.

You don't have to OC your memory, you have a BE CPU.

hameem 1

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2011
i don't planing to overclock it to 4ghz . . i just don't know how to overclock with amd overdrive .. or should i use auto overclock feature ?! although i don't know how :(

i have tried to over clock the GPU to 950 - 1900 - 2100 with stock voltage .. but when i run furmark the temperature goes constantly higher and higher .. even when i set AA to zero !

you OC in BIOS, much more stable and better.
If you read the guide, you would be able to OC.

Anyway for 3.5 GHz just raise up the multiplier to X17.5...leave everything at Auto
For 3.8-3.9 GHz, raise the multiplier to X19-X19.5 and set VCore to 1.47V

For those MSI clocks, it's pretty much high and temps will be high and you can kill your GPU instantly.
Try 900-1800-2100