Will Geoforce 6200/512 work with AMD 9150e?

Ric_52

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
Once the GeoForce 6200 is installed, the board/monitor seems to not recognize it, and it seems to kill the onboard display and gives me nothing but blackscreen.

List all your hardware please, this is not making sense right away, you are trying to install a AGP video card on a board that has a AMD quad core Phenom installed? Are you certain of all this, the board does have an AGP slot, and the GPU is AGP? Telling us the processor or CPU type does not help much, as that really has nothing to do with anything. We need to know the motherboard specifically, and the GPU.
Did you enter the BIOS and turn off the onboard video and set the BIOS to look for the video card in the specific slot?

Ric_52

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
The board is an AMD 9150e Quad and the video card is a GeoForce 6200 w/512mb. The board has an APG slot but the card doesn't fit in it. One of the PCI slots works fine and I've installed the driver(s) and the video card seems to work fine now.
I do have a problem with the sound at this point. I'm going to Microsoft to download the UAA 1.0a to see if I can get the sound to install and work. The ATI drivers won't install for some reason. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch...