Rules of crt input display screens

hello pushpa_33.
rules are simple.
here are 8 simple rules of crt display:
1. do not drop water on the crt display. you will get zapped big time.
2. do not drop the display into the water. it'll explode and you will get zapped, fried, shocked big time.
3. do not drop the display, period.
4. do not touch the display if you build up too much static. you will get zapped.
5. make sure the refresh rate if 72+ Hz, otherwise your eyes will hurt a lot.
6. do not run the crt on max resolution. your eyes will get zapped.
7. make sure you hook up the display to the right port, otherwise you'l get za...... well.. get no display.
8. if this is a homework assignment, use wikipedia and the reference pages it links, or google.

good call!!
i did that once, and my crt was lined for life..
used degauss to reduce the aftereffects.
however if you like to create wavy cloudy patterns on your display, a magnet will do nicely.
makes for a good april fool's trick or halloween prank for your parents or grandparents.. or cranky folks at the old folks' home near your resident. you could write 'the matrix has you, neo!' or 'eat the !@#$in' blue pill" on their crt with a magnet. it will defnitely freak them out.
DISCLAIMER: i take no responsibility for any mental, psychological, emotional, physical or any kind of damage this prank might cause to other people. do it at your own risk!

Also, since you keep on mentioning about being zapped, I can't help but to say this:

Do not open a CRT screen to fix it, you will get zapped. Unless you have two long screw driver with plastic handle for insulation and you touch the metal shield at the back of the CRT tube with the tip of the screw driver and touch the metal chassis of the monitor with the tip of the other screw driver and you bring the metal rod of the two screw driver together to form a big spark to discharge the CRT.

I know, I was shocked by that before!

what imploding revelations!

@Pyree : i am glad you lived to advise us on not opening crt cases.

one could use the twin screwin' screwdrivers method to bring a certain square jawed living dead monster to life (by zapping) and cry out 'IIIIIT'S AAALIIIIIIVE!!' (with thunderclaps in the background). however, one risks his/her own life for this experiment because the said monster is known to mortally harm it's creator.

DISCLAIMER: i take no responsibility for any mental, psychological, emotional, physical or any kind of damage this experiment might cause to other people. do it at your own risk!

Petrofsky

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008

You should discharge through a large resistor to avoid damaging the tube. Also, you have to wait five minutes and do it a second time. Electrons take some time to migrate out of the aquadag. (I can hear Cleese now, "Migrate out of the aquadag? What sort of talk is that?") On second thought, scratch that. DO NOT TAKE THE BACK OFF A CRT MONITOR. There are many hazards, which if I have to tell you about them, you aren't equipped to deal with. This is from an old TV tech.