Sign in with
Your question
Closed

BF3 eyefinity anyone?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 31, 2011 1:31:58 PM

Anybody running 3 monitors playing BF3? Ive already built my pc and the last piece of equiment needed is the video cards. I've been waiting to hear from others before I make the purchase. It seems that AMD hd6970 2gb crossfire was going to be my choice prior to the relase of the game. After reading all that I have on the boards etc with AMD Im a bit worried and Im starting to sway towards Nvidea..

What scares me is setting up the 3 monitor system to work properly. I did all the research on Eyefinity and none on 3d vision which is what I think Nvidea calls it.

If you have any experience with this please post and help me decide.

Thanks

Dan

More about : bf3 eyefinity

Best solution

a b C Monitor
October 31, 2011 9:16:10 PM

dudeguzman said:
Anybody running 3 monitors playing BF3? Ive already built my pc and the last piece of equiment needed is the video cards. I've been waiting to hear from others before I make the purchase. It seems that AMD hd6970 2gb crossfire was going to be my choice prior to the relase of the game. After reading all that I have on the boards etc with AMD Im a bit worried and Im starting to sway towards Nvidea..

What scares me is setting up the 3 monitor system to work properly. I did all the research on Eyefinity and none on 3d vision which is what I think Nvidea calls it.

If you have any experience with this please post and help me decide.

Thanks

Dan

Hi Dan, I'm running 2xhd5870 in crossfire @ 5760x1080. BF3 is set at custom (high/med) settings and getting smooth frame rates. At 1920x1080, ultra settings are no problems at all. 3D vision is nVidia, so can't help with that sorry. Im not running steroscopic 3D as you need specific 3D capable monitors for that and they tend to be 2 to 3 times the cost of a similar sized monitor, so for me it wasn't that much of an issue. AMD has a list of approved monitors for that on their site (sorry, couldn't find the link) Get rotatable monitors if you play any rts or mmo's so you can flip them from landscape to portrait, it's a bit of a hassle, but the games don't look so spread out in portrait mode. But I found AMD's CCC easy to use to set up the screens. Hope this helps.

Mike.
November 1, 2011 3:59:42 AM

Thanks Duck
Score
Related resources
November 20, 2011 1:06:26 AM

a little black duck said:
Hi Dan, I'm running 2xhd5870 in crossfire @ 5760x1080. BF3 is set at custom (high/med) settings and getting smooth frame rates. At 1920x1080, ultra settings are no problems at all. 3D vision is nVidia, so can't help with that sorry. Im not running steroscopic 3D as you need specific 3D capable monitors for that and they tend to be 2 to 3 times the cost of a similar sized monitor, so for me it wasn't that much of an issue. AMD has a list of approved monitors for that on their site (sorry, couldn't find the link) Get rotatable monitors if you play any rts or mmo's so you can flip them from landscape to portrait, it's a bit of a hassle, but the games don't look so spread out in portrait mode. But I found AMD's CCC easy to use to set up the screens. Hope this helps.

Mike.

I got my system running, on eyefinty but cant get bf3 to work on it. I notice that my resolution is same as yours.

Prior to hooking up the three monitors the game was working great. Now the game doesnt show up on my screne.
Its says loading game, I hear the music but nothings going on...

Any words of wisdom here?
Score
a b C Monitor
November 21, 2011 7:53:59 PM

Sorry for the slow reply dan, been a bit busy. Hmm, I had a similar start with bf3, black screen, sound, and loading game icon but nothing more and had to use task manager to crash out of the game. Updated all the drivers, then tried again. Got the same thing but after 5-10 minutes of black screen and loading icon, the game suddenly started. Since then there's been the usual game bug crashes and bf3 seems to be the slowest loading game I've come across (take about 2-3 minutes from the time i click 'join game') but everythings working (as well as can be expected until they issue the 1st patch) But if you're already on the latest drivers (11.10) I don't know what the problem could be, sorry.
Score
November 28, 2011 1:31:28 AM

I've got it all up and running and I haven't had an issue yet!!! I love it.

Thanks for your imput.
Score
November 28, 2011 1:31:43 AM

Best answer selected by dudeguzman.
Score
!