USB Keyboard Connection

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001
I have a new OMB version of the Microsoft PS/2 Natural Elite Keyboard that I want to connect to a USB port. I have a PS/2 to USB converter that came with one of our older "MS Natural" keyboards, but I'm not sure which one.

I tried connecting the keyboard to the USB port but Win98 didn't recognize it. I think the ports are working because my MS USB mouse worked there until I moved it back to a PS/2 port.

Anyone know if I should be able to get this "natural" keyboard to work with USB? If so, any ideas about what I might be doing wrong? Thanks for your thoughts!

LordKaos

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001
Why would you want to use your keyboard in USB mode instead
of the PS/2 keyboard port?

Better burn in Hell with some company than freeze in Heaven all alone

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001
Thanks for your reply.

I have a three year old Abit AT MB that I'm trying to keep going for a while longer.

The AT keyboard connector is getting sloppu so it is hard to get a good connection. The PS/2 to AT adaptor is heavy plus I have stepped on the cord a few times over the MB's three years of life.

I'm not using the USB connectors so I thought one of them might as well help me keep the keyboard working. Right now if I jiggle anything I have to search for the magic spot and then try to keep the kb cable form moving.

Les

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Les on 02/21/01 00:15 AM.</EM></FONT></P>