Sign in with
Your question

I5 2500k turbo boost

Last response: in CPUs
April 6, 2012 5:01:13 PM

i have a gigabyte ud3h z68 board and i want to turn on turbo boost for my i2500k. it is stock. do i just go into the bios and select turboboost on? do i need to change any other settings? i have OC'd before with my old e6750, but right now i'm not ready to OC the 2500k beyond what intel recommends. i have my own personal reasons for this.

next question is, with my 7850 slightly OC'd (factory OC), will turboboost even help me? and i am referencing playing BF3, too. thanks for any help.

More about : 2500k turbo boost

a b à CPUs
April 6, 2012 5:12:19 PM

tuffluck said:
i have a gigabyte ud3h z68 board and i want to turn on turbo boost for my i2500k. it is stock. do i just go into the bios and select turboboost on? do i need to change any other settings? i have OC'd before with my old e6750, but right now i'm not ready to OC the 2500k beyond what intel recommends. i have my own personal reasons for this.

next question is, with my 7850 slightly OC'd (factory OC), will turboboost even help me? and i am referencing playing BF3, too. thanks for any help.

1 - Yes just turn it on.
2 - Doubtful that it'll help much.
m
l
April 7, 2012 1:53:32 AM

why wouldn't it help much? why would an OC help more (or would it)?
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
April 7, 2012 3:38:03 AM

yes just turn it on - and it will turn the speed up if needed.
m
l
April 7, 2012 4:28:44 PM

so does anyone know why it wouldn't help much? does bf3 not need extra cpu power? what's the difference between it and a real OC?
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 7, 2012 7:23:33 PM

tuffluck said:
so does anyone know why it wouldn't help much? does bf3 not need extra cpu power? what's the difference between it and a real OC?

I know in some games the CPU is not such a big deal the GPU is whats important. The difference in the OC is "peace of mind". They make the adjustments that can be safely made.
m
l
!