Sign in with
Your question

Cable to use tv as the monitor to CPU

Last response: in CPUs
April 6, 2012 7:10:25 PM

I have a Sanyo D19648 tv that has a 15 point male port that I want to hook up to this x85 Famil 6 Model 15 Stepping 13 Genuine Intel 2199 Mhz CPU computer. What port can I use in the back. Can I watch movies simultaneously while I work on my computer monitor?

More about : cable monitor cpu

a b à CPUs
April 6, 2012 7:24:28 PM

ruob1216 said:
I have a Sanyo D19648 tv that has a 15 point male port that I want to hook up to this x85 Famil 6 Model 15 Stepping 13 Genuine Intel 2199 Mhz CPU computer. What port can I use in the back. Can I watch movies simultaneously while I work on my computer monitor?

What is your motherboard?
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b C Monitor
April 6, 2012 11:13:26 PM

The simple answer is yes you could do it, depending on the monitor output(s) from your pc.

You need:-
Standard 15-pin male to 15-pin male VGA cable long enough to reach from your pc to your tv (you may also need a DVI to VGA adapter)
3.5mm stereo to 3.5mm stereo cable (or another speaker arrangement)

Connections:-
Connect vga cable to monitor connection on tv, other end to spare monitor output on pc (you may have to use the DVI adapter as well).
3.5mm cable connects between speaker output on audio card and socket adjacent to vga cable on tv (these should both be green sockets similar headphone sockets).

PC Setup:-
On the pc go tothe desktop properties screen resolution, you will now have a disabled second monitor, select it and enable it.
You should now be able to finish configuring it, just like a monitor, and display whatever you like on it, including movies.
Just make sure you drag the media player to the screen you want it to play on before going full screen.

This is something I have personally been doing since Window 98 and TVs that predate monitor inputs.

ps. the spec of the pc you've given us is purely that of the cpu, it tells us nothing what so ever about the graphics card(s) and monitor outputs available on your pc. A pc make and model e.g. Dell Precision D380, or graphics card model e.g. AMD/ATi HD 4250 or Geforce GT310, is needed to advise as to 1). if you actually have a spare monitor connection and 2). if it's suitable.
m
l
!