My first build, will it work?

deebee396

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
Hi, I have decided to build the next computer that I get. This will be the first computer I have built and would appreciate it if someone would confirm that these parts will be compatible, and tell me if I need any other cables/components.

CPU - AMD Phenom II x4 960t

MOBO - Asus M5A78L-M

GPU - Asus AMD Radion HD 6770

RAM - Corsair Vengance 2x4 GB

PSU - Corsair 600W CX Series V2

HDD - WD 750GB Caviar Green 3.5" SATA-III

DVD RW - Samsung SH-222AB 22x DVD±RW DL

CASE - Casecom 6788

Thanks in advance. :)

deebee396

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011

Hi, I had a look at that thread, but thought it was more aimed at people who haven't started finding parts. I have found all my parts, I'd just like to know if they're compatible and if there are any cables that I need, that aren't included. But I'll have a look and if there's any info that I could provide I'll add it.

deebee396

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
Here is the extra information requested:

Purchase Date: As soon as possible, preferably tonight.

Budget: Around £450, the amount I've spent, but I can spend a little more on any extra cable etc. that I need.

System usage: Light gaming, although it will probably be spent mostly on minecraft which isn't very gpu intensive. I may play a little bit of Skyrim, and BF3.

Parts not Required: Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, Speekers

Preferred website: www.ebuyer.com

Overclocking: I might buy a better cooler and try to unlock the two extra cores on the 960t, in the future.

Crossfire: nope

drippyfausett

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
I personally wouldn't go with that green drive as a main hdd. You'll take a performance hit so I would go with at least a blue drive or even better a black drive if you want to stay with WD. I am not sure about the other brands I have always used WD. Maybe something like this http://www.ebuyer.com/241715-wd-500gb-3-5-sata-6gb-s-caviar-blue-hard-drive-7200rpm-16mb-wd5000aakx#

If you do decide on getting a cooler I have heard good things about Coolermaster hyper 212. The other stuff looks like it will work but as far as the Cpu and MB I don't have much experience in that area so I will let others comment on that