Graphic card driver failure

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Drivers
  • Driver Failure
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
October 31, 2011 7:16:20 PM

i am having trouble with graphic card drivers.error says driver stopped working.tried two different cards but get similar results.the radeon 6950 just goes to black screen at various times and i have to cold boot system to restart.the gtx 460 se automatically recovers and just shows that it occured but keeps working.system is a new build.sabertooth x58 mobo,6 gigs dominator ram ,i7 proccessor/650wt psu,win 7 home ed.64bit on a new raptur 10,000 rpm hd.i used detective driver to install all current drivers but it still happens.any suggestions would be helpfull thanx

More about : graphic card driver failure

October 31, 2011 7:18:47 PM

xf1xcaliber said:
i am having trouble with graphic card drivers.error says driver stopped working.tried two different cards but get similar results.the radeon 6950 just goes to black screen at various times and i have to cold boot system to restart.the gtx 460 se automatically recovers and just shows that it occured but keeps working.system is a new build.sabertooth x58 mobo,6 gigs dominator ram ,i7 proccessor/650wt psu,win 7 home ed.64bit on a new raptur 10,000 rpm hd.i used detective driver to install all current drivers but it still happens.any suggestions would be helpfull thanx

forgot to say my temps are running very cool. at highest the temp was 50 c
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 31, 2011 7:42:07 PM

Uninstall all your old drivers and download the newest drivers from:

www.amd.com
m
l
Related resources
October 31, 2011 7:54:23 PM

already tried that hopeing that would fix the problem,system did stay up longer for a few days but went back to black screen again at various times,maybe ten min, or sometimes an hr.weird how 2 different cards have driver problems.when i installed the cards i went straight to the website and loaded drivers from them so they would be up to date.i had no card drivers before that.could something else be causing this
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 31, 2011 8:12:10 PM

What is your PSU model and name brand?

Have you tried re-seating your video card and reconnecting the power? You didn't damage your PCI-E slot or video card did you (physically bent pins)?

Do you have another video card you could try out besides that GTX 460?
m
l
October 31, 2011 9:52:52 PM

yes i have a radean 6950 but that one shuts down completely. the slots and cards are good.the 460 stays running and recovers without shutting down.the bigger 2 gig 6950 goes to black screen and i have hold down the power button to restart.
m
l
October 31, 2011 9:56:11 PM

psu is a thermaltake tr-2
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 1, 2011 12:23:57 PM

Maybe try a repair of your OS installation. It shouldn't be that problamatic.
m
l
November 9, 2011 11:15:55 AM

i think ill get a better psu and try that since thermaltake isnt a very good power supply and its only a 600 watt.
m
l