Honorable
Feb 14, 2013
Hello,

Any help would be appreciated!
My system specs:
I7930
Flaming Blade GTI
Nvidia 560ti
6GB Corsair (attempting upgrade to 12gb.)

In summary, the PC can be booted (loading optimised defaults & spamming F2) but only when the CMOS jumpers are in clear. In default the computer is completely unresponsive when I press the power button..
I've seen the solved topic with someone having a similar issue although I believe this is slightly different.

When I attempt to turn the computer on with the jumpers in the default position, only the blue light shows on the mobo but the fans will not spin and the computer won't do anything at all.

However (I know I shouldn't have done this) if I remove the jumper completely and turn the computer on I can access the bios and run the default settings by spamming f2 and load the OS. Having figured this out I then went on to flash the bios and it sucessfully updated. However switching the jumpers to the default position still gives me the same problem.

I can run my OS while the CMOS jumpers are in the reset position but this always gives me the the bios error:

AHCI BIOS not installed!!

CMOS checksum error defaults loaded.

Unless I spam F2 upon start-up.

The fact it starts at all makes me think it's not the power supply and I've tried with two different sets of ram so I guess it's the mobo. Before I go out and buy another one though any advice that may save me the money would be much appreciated thanks!