Sign in with
Your question

Incombatible RAM?

Last response: in Systems
December 29, 2011 6:12:58 PM

Hello All

I have just built my first gaming PC. I followed a detailed 2 hour online video and had no problems building it. After i finished i connected it up to a monitor and turned it on.

When i put it on the LED's on the motherboard came on fine, the PSU, CPU & Graphics Card fans started up and i could hear the hard drive run and the optical drive is working to, but there is no video display coming on the monitor at all.
I plugged in a different monitor and had the same problem, no video display of any type, just blank :( 

After sitting down for hours trying to work out the problem i noticed my RAM ( Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B 8GB 1600Mhz CL9 DDR3 Vengeance Memory Module Kit ) isn't on my Motherboards compatibility list ( M5A88-M EVO ).

Could this be the Problem? any feedback would be much appreciated.
Cheers all

More about : incombatible ram

a b C Monitor
December 29, 2011 6:19:18 PM

not a RAM problem

There would be warnings from the LED's if there was [ have you checked the manual ]

Work through the troubleshooting advice in the thread at the top of the forum
December 29, 2011 6:25:13 PM

Sorry i forgot to add that I do have a flashing red LED which is labelled "DRAM-LED". i have held down the Mem OK button but all it does is flash. could this be the problem?
a b C Monitor
December 29, 2011 6:30:56 PM

read the motherboard manual

also try one memory stick at a time . Try all of them , one at a time .
Careful as you handle them . Dont touch the contacts . Staic electricity on your skin can destroy them
!