Sign in with
Your question

RAM question

Last response: in Memory
February 14, 2013 5:55:55 PM

So i have to buy new memory RAM, my motherboard can support both 1333MHz and 1600MHz, but in my processor specifitacions it say that can only run with 1333MHz memory type.

The questions is, does the RAM need only to match with the motherboard requirements or with both motherboard and processor requirements?

Thank you

More about : ram question

a c 89 } Memory
a c 473 V Motherboard
February 14, 2013 6:15:01 PM

Omagah said:
So i have to buy new memory RAM, my motherboard can support both 1333MHz and 1600MHz, but in my processor specifitacions it say that can only run with 1333MHz memory type.

The questions is, does the RAM need only to match with the motherboard requirements or with both motherboard and processor requirements?

Thank you

you want to go with the cpu. the mb most time can take over clocked ram (1600) speed. with the cpu read the vendor spec on the cpu. with new intel cpu the memory controller is built into the cpu..if that burns out you have to get a new cpu.
February 14, 2013 6:17:25 PM

smorizio said:
you want to go with the cpu. the mb most time can take over clocked ram (1600) speed. with the cpu read the vendor spec on the cpu. with new intel cpu the memory controller is built into the cpu..if that burns out you have to get a new cpu.

This is my cpu:

http://ark.intel.com/products/71070/Intel-Pentium-Proce...

It say 1333MHz DDR3, so i can only choose those kinds of memory right? Not to burn the cpu?
a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
February 14, 2013 8:01:58 PM

Nothing will burn out! You can go with the 1600 as well. The mobo will clock it down to 1333Mhz.
!