Fractal Core 3000 GPU and Motherboard Compatibility Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmahadhika

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2012
Hi, I'm planning to get Asus Geforce GTX 560 Ti, but I'll have to change my casing too. And because I don't want to spend much money on casing, I'm considering to get the Fractal Core 3000. My question is, will the casing be compatible with Asus M4A77TD motherboard? And also, does it has enough room for the GPU?

I've checked the casing:
http://www.fractal-design.com/?view=product&category=2&prod=60
It says it supports graphic card lengths up to 270mm when removable HDD-Bay is in place.

As for the GTX 560 Ti:
http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/NVIDIA_Series/ENGTX560_Ti_DC2_TOP2DI2GD5/#specifications
It is stated that the length is 10.16" (258.064mm). So the casing should be enough, right?

I need your input. Maybe there are some infamous things surrounding the Fractal Core 300 that I'm not aware of; like optimizations and such? Thanks in advance.

Solution
Yes you will most likely have to remove the top hard drive case or find a clever way to route the power cables to the card. It's a good budget case and removable hard drive bays are easy enough to take out. Just checked a review on hardware secrets. They had no difficulties with it. Only problems with it are lack of filters for side intake so you might want to buy a fan filter if you are planning on purchasing a side intake fan for your case and aren't OCD about cleaning your computer.

masseybe84

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
Yes you will most likely have to remove the top hard drive case or find a clever way to route the power cables to the card. It's a good budget case and removable hard drive bays are easy enough to take out. Just checked a review on hardware secrets. They had no difficulties with it. Only problems with it are lack of filters for side intake so you might want to buy a fan filter if you are planning on purchasing a side intake fan for your case and aren't OCD about cleaning your computer.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.