Copying Themes

September 1, 2004 7:45:35 PM

I'm new to Windows XP and have two new computers - a
Toshiba notebook and a Dell desktop. The color scheme of
the Toshiba is pleasing to me and the Dell is harshly
bright.

I'm thinking that it is the Windows theme that does this
and I'm wondering if I can copy the theme from one
computer to the other.

Does anyone know?

More about : copying themes

Anonymous
September 1, 2004 11:43:56 PM

I take it that the same theme is being used on both machines? Your problem
could be a function of the display that you are viewing the graphics on. An
LCD and a CRT will look different, even when displaying the exact same
image.

"Pam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm new to Windows XP and have two new computers - a
> Toshiba notebook and a Dell desktop. The color scheme of
> the Toshiba is pleasing to me and the Dell is harshly
> bright.
>
> I'm thinking that it is the Windows theme that does this
> and I'm wondering if I can copy the theme from one
> computer to the other.
>
> Does anyone know?
Anonymous
September 4, 2004 6:02:39 PM

"Pam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm new to Windows XP and have two new computers - a
> Toshiba notebook and a Dell desktop. The color scheme of
> the Toshiba is pleasing to me and the Dell is harshly
> bright.
>
> I'm thinking that it is the Windows theme that does this
> and I'm wondering if I can copy the theme from one
> computer to the other.
>
> Does anyone know?

I had a similar problem on my Dell Dimension 4600, tried changing the
contrast and brightness on the LCD monitor but still couldn't get it set to
a comfortable level.

It wasn't until I found the Intel Extreme Graphics in the Control Panel and
played around with the settings there, that I could get the LCD set to a
comfortable level.
!