No signal on monitor, Debugger says 7f

Rannek

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
My friend just got a new computer from Cyberpower and when it arrived it won't post on the monitor. Everything lights up and all the fans kick on, but the monitor stays black and says "no signal". He's tried using a different dvi and hdmi cable, and neither work. Respectively, he's tried taking all of his cables and using them on his xbox and plugging them into his computer monitor and they work. That being said, I think it is safe to assume the problem lies internally with the graphics card or the PCI slot. He's tried reseating the card, reseating his RAM, putting the card in a different PCI slot. He has an ATI 6870. He says he doesn't see a manufacturer on the card. The thing is, the computer was working fine when he originally bought it, but he sent it back due to some minor problems with the fans. They said they tested 3dmarks on it before sending it back and it worked fine, but now it clearly isn't. So... any input? He's tried pretty much everything, and the tech at Cyberpower was clueless. I told him not to buy from there but he was stubborn.

Rannek

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
Yup, it's all hooked up correctly. I ran him through all the general trouble shooting as did the tech at CP. Evidently they think his motherboard is screwed, but I don't see how if they supposedly ran 3dmarks and it passed.

Rannek

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
I'm surprised too. What's really sad is that the tech didn't even know what the debugger was, nor did he even suggest putting the card into a different PCI slot. I guess they're desperate for employees. Regardless, he's decided to ship it back again for the third time. Really sad.