My first build-Want to confirm my parts thus far

IslandStylin

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
Aloha everybody! This forum is fantastic and filled with incredibly knowledgeable people.

SO I wanted to see if what I have bought so far will meet my expectations. I am primarily going to use this rig to do Video Editing, 3d work, and play games when I have spare time. (Diablo 3, skyrim, etc)

I would like to overclock my computer to around 4-4.5ghz. I am not sure I will be able to do that with no problem with the board I acquired, so I just wanted to confirm one way or the other with you all.

Approximate Purchase Date: I will hopefully be done with this build by 1/11/12

Budget Range: Roughly around $800

System Usage from Most to Least Important:HD Video editing, 3d work (after effects and 3d studio max, and gaming.

Parts Not Required:Mouse and keyboard. I also have an old 18" sony monitory I will use in the mean time. (definitely need to upgrade though. Would like to go to HD 1080i quality.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg, Frys, Amazon, and Microcenter

Parts Preferences: No preference...Open to any and all suggestions.

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe in the future. Not for at least 6 months

Monitor Resolution: Either 1920x1080, 1920x1200

PARTS I HAVE ACQUIRED:
i5 2500k processor
Z68X ud3h-b3 mobo
CoolerMaster 430 Elite Case
LiteOn Multi DVD Burner
Generic Card Reader
GPU: I have an old NVIDIA Quadro 1400 I will use for the time being. I definitely need an upgrade. I want to use AVID to edit or Premiere (both need quadro cards...though i am sure others have gotten gtx cards to work as well...if anyone has, I would love to hear your feedback.)
PSU: No idea what to get
RAM: Most likely will buy CORSAIR VENGEANCE ddr3 1600 2x4 (8gb)
Cooler: Going to most likely purchase the Hyper 212 Evo. Unless others recommend something else?
Fans: I also have 3 fans for the case. (120mm fans)

Total without GPU, RAM, Cooler, & PSU: $366

With the RAM and Cooler I mentioned the total should be around : $439

Could really use some recommendations on the PSU and if the other purchases I have were the right decision with what I want to do

Thank you very much...I hope this post wasn't too long.

IslandStylin

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
Yes, there are a few programs that use hyperthreading. Like avid and after effects.

Some others have mentioned I wouldn't ned anything past a 750 watt one. Any reason why I should bump up to an 850W?

CamaroZL1

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
You're (probably) not going to find a 700W+ PSU for $70. It is also very important that you DO NOT cheap out on the PSU. One of my friend had a "no-name" PSU, and it fried his whole computer (exept the HDD I think). Trust me, you do not want that.

TRENDING THREADS