Country Of the Poster To Be Shown...

Should we add the country tag to the user info?

• Yes.

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • No.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
Hi Everyone/Mods...

Is it possible to add an extra tag information ("Country") to the small user info shown on the left along with the avatar/age/posts/joining date.

It would be real helpful in providing the user with location specific help and would also help the users who reply not ask constantly ask for currency details.

randomizer

Champion
I suppose it could go next to the username or under the "online" indicator. But the developers are already thrashing their keyboards ahead of some big changes coming next month, so I don't think it will be prioritised very highly.

Well it's just a small tag added to a JSP/HTML or whichever way the pages are created. Hope it comes in time....

It would really be helpful. This is useful as this is really a global community!

Thanks for letting us in on the secret randomizer!! ;)
Looking forward to next month's changes. :bounce:

But one thing i must add... If its allowed to be updated by the user we may get to see lots of stupid names in there.

Many people insert something like "In the server", "In bliss", "McDonalds" or some other nonsense in their location! So it should be made a fixed field.

randomizer

Champion
For some reason I was thinking of a small country flag that depends on your IP address. But you never mentioned a flag. Whoops [:thegreatgrapeape:6]

Country is actually already an item in the Forum Options section of your profile. It's private though, so it won't display (kind of defeats the point of entering it [:randomizer])

Does that include IP banning?

Hopefully the French web devs won't f'up the site even more....

Ask the French. They will be implementing the [strike]failed[/strike] new format. With all the [strike]wardrobe malfunctions [/strike]thrashing of their keyboards, what could possibly go wrong!

Heres from our liberal friends
“After the sound thrashing French received during WW2 it could no longer claim to be a global power.
some four centuries of preeminence ended in a few short weeks..”
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social/Occam123/liberation-of-paris-photo_n_694625_58465004.html

Of course, were to forget cinco de mayo, and the thrashing Mexico gave the French as well
imagesbandito.jpg

Frenchmen? We dont need no stinkin Frenchmen

I like the idea of adding our respective countries to our visible forum info. I especially like the idea of doing so with a small flag of our country. For those flags not readily known, it could be as simple as running the mouse over the flag and having it show the country name. Or something like that...;)

You and so many others, I'm not having a pop at you mate but that winds me up like you wouldn't believe because I'm in the UK and having Newegg suggested all the time is beyond annoying.

Ooh yes and is soooo overdue, I shall cross every digit possible in the hope that this comes to pass. :lol:

I agree with Kevin. I also suggest adding a little histrorical significance to the 'readily recognizable' flags. Like France's flag for instance. Instantly recognizable.

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/1112/frenchyflag12.jpg

:lol: Tsk tsk!

A Frenchman and an Italian were seated next to an Englishman on an overseas flight. After a few cocktails, the men began discussing their home lives.

Last night I made love to my wife four times, the Frenchman bragged, and this morning she made me delicious crepes and she told me how much she adored me.

Ah, last night I made love to my wife six times, the Italian responded, and this morning she made me a wonderful omelet and told me she could never love another man.

When the Englishman remained silent, the Frenchman smugly asked, and how many times did you make love to your wife last night?

Once, he replied.

Only once? the Italian arrogantly snorted. And what did she say to you this morning?

Stop.

:wahoo: