Sign in with
Your question

8 core phenom on a K9A2 CF?

Last response: in Motherboards
February 15, 2013 2:56:04 AM

so i have the K9A2 CF , and after a friend bought a brand new board and is about to buy a 8 core phenom , he wondered if it would work in my board. i dont want to fry my board or his processor, i was wondering what you guys could figure out. i have searched and the answers go back and forth.

More about : core phenom k9a2

a b V Motherboard
February 15, 2013 4:15:29 AM

littlewest said:
so i have the K9A2 CF , and after a friend bought a brand new board and is about to buy a 8 core phenom , he wondered if it would work in my board. i dont want to fry my board or his processor, i was wondering what you guys could figure out. i have searched and the answers go back and forth.

ARE YOU SURE its the 'phenom 8 core' ? However whatever it is it does not look like your board is gonna support that 8 core. Your socket is AM2+ and just AM3 cpu ready with Up to 5200MT/s for AM2+ CPU and 2000/1600MT/s for AM2 CPU.and as far as I know AMD 8 core would be a AM3+ Socket. A thought , that even it was AM3 your board can't handle it . And make sure of the processer's name. I think you are confusing a FX series with a Phenom.If you are mistaking the phenom 2 X6 6 core than let me tell you that your board supports those.

For more details you can refer to http://www.msi.com/product/mb/K9A2-CF.html#/?div=CPUSup...
or msi's official site if the above link do not work. Best of luck.
m
l
!