Getting A2 error code from asrock extreme6/tb4

duneflyingyfz

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Hi all, i have a Asrock z77 Extreme 6/TB4 motherboard w/ 2*4gb memory, and also have a evga gtx660 in pci1 slot.. i built the computer and fired it up multiple times and was working with no issues; i also updated drivers too(motherboard/graphics card).. came back the next day, tired firing it up and all i get is a A2 Error code.. ide detect per the book.. :(

i had this issue with the first motherboard that newegg sent me and ended up (rma) sending it back and getting a new one.. i ruled it down to the pci slot being faulty... i can't imagine that it would do it again especially after i had it running for a few hours the prior night w/ no issues..

does anyone have any ideas where to go from here.. im running down to making it a return and go w. a diff. motherboard...
thx all

nlight

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013
I've been getting the same error-code since I built my computer, but it works fine(so I just ignore it). Got two drives, one SSD another HDD. Both SATA. Both connected to the Intel controller ports, the other controllers are disabled in BIOS.

Debugcode states:
"A0 - A7 Problem related to IDE or SATA devices. Please re-install IDE and SATA devices. If the problem still exists, please clear CMOS and try removing all SATA devices."

Haven't bothered to try that.

BIOS: 2.50