Sign in with
Your question

Asus crosshair V-Formula-Z Code 50

Last response: in Motherboards
February 15, 2013 3:36:36 AM

Hey guys, so I got my new mobo, it was working fine and all, but I decided to try push my RAM frequency up to 1866MHz, I'm using Corsair Dominator GT 2x4gb 1866MHz Ram cards and I'm running an AMD FX-8350 CPU. How do I go about fixing this issue now? This is my first gaming computer which I built for myself and I would like to get it up and running again sometime soon. I'm happy to set the frequency back to where it was. I can't access the UEFI BIOS at all, no display.
a b V Motherboard
February 15, 2013 3:50:56 AM

silky1 said:
Hey guys, so I got my new mobo, it was working fine and all, but I decided to try push my RAM frequency up to 1866MHz, I'm using Corsair Dominator GT 2x4gb 1866MHz Ram cards and I'm running an AMD FX-8350 CPU. How do I go about fixing this issue now? This is my first gaming computer which I built for myself and I would like to get it up and running again sometime soon. I'm happy to set the frequency back to where it was. I can't access the UEFI BIOS at all, no display.

Try resetting the bios by replacing the cmos jumpers or shorting the cmos battery.
February 15, 2013 3:56:53 AM

I have a Clr Cmos button on the back of my O/I, but that doesn't seem to be doing anything. I can't find a jumper on my board.
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
February 15, 2013 4:41:32 AM

silky1 said:
I have a Clr Cmos button on the back of my O/I, but that doesn't seem to be doing anything. I can't find a jumper on my board.

Try looking at the bottom right (in most cases) of your mobo. there should be 2 jumpers. Replace the upper one from 1-2 to2-3 for 30-40 secs. Replace.Do this with power off. If you are not able to find those take out the CMOS battery short the terminals and put it back.
a c 111 Ĉ ASUS
a c 431 V Motherboard
February 15, 2013 4:49:47 AM

also have to pull power from the mb so it drains...if not the cmos wont clear.
!