Asus crosshair V-Formula-Z Code 50

Hey guys, so I got my new mobo, it was working fine and all, but I decided to try push my RAM frequency up to 1866MHz, I'm using Corsair Dominator GT 2x4gb 1866MHz Ram cards and I'm running an AMD FX-8350 CPU. How do I go about fixing this issue now? This is my first gaming computer which I built for myself and I would like to get it up and running again sometime soon. I'm happy to set the frequency back to where it was. I can't access the UEFI BIOS at all, no display.
4 answers Last reply
More about asus crosshair formula code
  1. silky1 said:
    Hey guys, so I got my new mobo, it was working fine and all, but I decided to try push my RAM frequency up to 1866MHz, I'm using Corsair Dominator GT 2x4gb 1866MHz Ram cards and I'm running an AMD FX-8350 CPU. How do I go about fixing this issue now? This is my first gaming computer which I built for myself and I would like to get it up and running again sometime soon. I'm happy to set the frequency back to where it was. I can't access the UEFI BIOS at all, no display.

Try resetting the bios by replacing the cmos jumpers or shorting the cmos battery.
  2. I have a Clr Cmos button on the back of my O/I, but that doesn't seem to be doing anything. I can't find a jumper on my board.
  3. silky1 said:
    I have a Clr Cmos button on the back of my O/I, but that doesn't seem to be doing anything. I can't find a jumper on my board.

Try looking at the bottom right (in most cases) of your mobo. there should be 2 jumpers. Replace the upper one from 1-2 to2-3 for 30-40 secs. Replace.Do this with power off. If you are not able to find those take out the CMOS battery short the terminals and put it back.
  4. also have to pull power from the mb so it drains...if not the cmos wont clear.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Motherboards