Badges on US site not UK

Steve8217

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010
I am a little confused as to my knowledge I only ever use the Uk tomshardware site where it shows badges x 1. But by accident I logged into the US site and found Badges x 2 and to my knowledge I only have only ever logged into the uk site, so please someone tell me how did this happen.

I have read that the sites are kept seperate and when you only use one and not the other and get awards for a site you don't use then it becomes a little confusing.

Why are the sites kept seperate anyways ? Call me thick if its a simple answer but US and UK same language e.t.c. The only thing different as I understand is time zones and currency.

tecmo34

Administrator
It has been an on going issue with the UK site being very buggy. I haven't heard anyone being able to explain it outside of UK being very buggy. Our hope is once the major changes take place in the forum next month (what I've heard mentioned), things will be better.

It's due to there being two different servers and the UK one has never really played nice with the US one but for some reason BoM won't/can't just switch off the UK server and let us use the US one by default so even if you log onto the US server from the UK as soon as you enter one of the sub forums you get redirected back to the UK one.

KingArcher

Distinguished
May 19, 2010

And Let's hope that the update automatically declares war on spammers. :bounce: