Sign in with
Your question

Badges on US site not UK

Last response: in Forum Feedback
September 17, 2010 12:53:10 AM

I am a little confused as to my knowledge I only ever use the Uk tomshardware site where it shows badges x 1. But by accident I logged into the US site and found Badges x 2 and to my knowledge I only have only ever logged into the uk site, so please someone tell me how did this happen.

I have read that the sites are kept seperate and when you only use one and not the other and get awards for a site you don't use then it becomes a little confusing.

Why are the sites kept seperate anyways ? Call me thick if its a simple answer but US and UK same language e.t.c. The only thing different as I understand is time zones and currency.

More about : badges site

September 18, 2010 11:43:25 PM

It has been an on going issue with the UK site being very buggy. I haven't heard anyone being able to explain it outside of UK being very buggy. Our hope is once the major changes take place in the forum next month (what I've heard mentioned), things will be better.
September 19, 2010 6:13:17 AM

Thanks for the update
Related resources
September 24, 2010 12:59:03 AM

It's due to there being two different servers and the UK one has never really played nice with the US one but for some reason BoM won't/can't just switch off the UK server and let us use the US one by default so even if you log onto the US server from the UK as soon as you enter one of the sub forums you get redirected back to the UK one.
September 27, 2010 2:03:22 AM

I have the exact same problem. UK site shows I've got only one Badge :( 
US shows 3 :) 
I hate being redirected between .com and .co.uk
September 27, 2010 2:39:06 AM

Yep, hopefully one of the 'major changes' that tecmo mentioned coming up next month will address this, however remember badges are really of little importance.
September 27, 2010 3:14:47 AM

It makes you feel better ;) 
September 27, 2010 3:17:21 AM

Gah, you just pulled me into the UK forum!!! :lol: 
September 27, 2010 8:18:32 PM

do badges allocate on the us and uk server coherently ?
September 27, 2010 8:21:35 PM

obsidian86 said:
do badges allocate on the us and uk server coherently ?

Nothing between the US and UK server is coherent. :lol: 
September 28, 2010 11:51:54 AM

I dont think anything between the UK and US is coherent period
September 28, 2010 11:53:54 AM

I don't think anything in the... ok, let's not start another world war :) 
September 28, 2010 4:36:13 PM

No lets have war .i hate peace.but i really hope this overhaul coming soon will fix a few things
September 28, 2010 5:33:23 PM

obsidian86 said:
No lets have war .i hate peace.but i really hope this overhaul coming soon will fix a few things

And Let's hope that the update automatically declares war on spammers. :bounce: 
September 28, 2010 5:37:41 PM

KingArcher said:
And Let's hope that the update automatically declares war on spammers. :bounce: 

[:mousemonkey:2] those damned article spammers i dont even comment any more because of them
!