Best for my system

davisonbrah

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
ok so i was wondering what would be the best card for my system...its not that great but its all i have for now i will be upgrading little by little over the next year, but for now i just need a decent video card that my pc can handle

ok so what would be the best video card that wont bottleneck my cpu and is ok with a 400 watt psu

as of now i have
win xp
4 gb ram
400 watt psu
nvidia gt 240
amd 4400+ x2 dual core processor

so i was leaning towards the pny gts 450 as it only needs 400 watt psu and when i do upgrade my motherboard it is sli compatible so i can run it for a while when i get my new board.

Anyone here have any suggestions as to what will hold me over for the next few months?

Mainly upgrading so i can play diablo 3 when it comes out and would like to also have the options to play rift, mw3 things like that for now if at all possible ty in advance

the reasoning behind the above is this. The new AMD APU (quad core ) and an FM1 mother board and cheap ram will lay waste to what you have now. Add an inexpensive compatible video card later on to cross fire with the on board GPU and you'll have something that's better than what you have now and won't break the bank so to speak. And you just might be able to use your old power supply to run it.

davisonbrah

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011

Yeai agree i cant do much with what i have so i was just askin if there is a video card that can run these games for me for now..i plan on over the next year buying a new case, i5 2500 cpu, 1000 watt corsair psu(big sale newegg.com), MSI P67A-G43, 8 gb memory, adn windows 7 64 bit, if u add that all up im looking at about 5-600 easy...so if i could just find somthing suitable to run games for now thats all i want..this way i can still game through out the build..the gt 240 just isnt cutting it right now.