Audiophile motherboard

Hello,
I've seen hundreds of reviews and indeed personal views on motherboard with audio grade components to furnish an excellent audio output in 7.1 and upto 10 channels.
What I would like to know is if there is a top flight 'audio' motherboard that concentrates on its s/pdif and or PCM output alone.
I have a fully digital meridian HiFi system so I do not need an analogue section of outputs.
Sure, I would like 'audio grade' components in the digital audio sections, and audio grade ground planes etc. 192kHz and 24bit would be pretty important too.
Full HDMI would also be a must.
Thanks, Trevor
4 answers Last reply
More about audiophile motherboard
  1. get a cheap motherboard and purchase a dedicated sound card
  2. Biostar has a new line that are touted as audiophile, but I'd second the notion that you are better off with a decent mobo and a add-in audiophile soundcard.
  3. The audio rating on the Hi-Fi series of mobo's dubbed by Biostar are limited tot eh analog outputs off of the mobo. You'd need to go for a GA series of mobo's that have support for Dolby technology. Asus also have a few mobo's that have full Dolby support.

A word of caution however is, if you're going for a mobo that has THX support, be warned its only software upmixing/amplification/altering. Nothing on the hardware level.

Thus my agreement of alvine+chesters idea of going with a good mobo(which has all the features[bells+whistles] you'll need) and an audiograde soundcard.

HT | Omega?
  4. ASRock and Asus both have some mobos that use the ALC898, which is a high quality codec with 110dbA S/N on the output and 104dBA S/N on the input.
    http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Audio-Codec-Comparison-Table/520/2
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Audio Components