Audiophile motherboard

TrevorHB

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
Hello,
I've seen hundreds of reviews and indeed personal views on motherboard with audio grade components to furnish an excellent audio output in 7.1 and upto 10 channels.
What I would like to know is if there is a top flight 'audio' motherboard that concentrates on its s/pdif and or PCM output alone.
I have a fully digital meridian HiFi system so I do not need an analogue section of outputs.
Sure, I would like 'audio grade' components in the digital audio sections, and audio grade ground planes etc. 192kHz and 24bit would be pretty important too.
Full HDMI would also be a must.
Thanks, Trevor

Lutfij

Titan
The audio rating on the Hi-Fi series of mobo's dubbed by Biostar are limited tot eh analog outputs off of the mobo. You'd need to go for a GA series of mobo's that have support for Dolby technology. Asus also have a few mobo's that have full Dolby support.

A word of caution however is, if you're going for a mobo that has THX support, be warned its only software upmixing/amplification/altering. Nothing on the hardware level.

Thus my agreement of alvine+chesters idea of going with a good mobo(which has all the features[bells+whistles] you'll need) and an audiograde soundcard.

HT | Omega?