TheBowski

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
So recently I got a new CPU (AMD FX 8120), a new mobo (GIGABYTE GA-990XA-UD3), and new ram. I transferred my hard drives (two WD 500gb drives) over to my new case, along with my graphics cards and my Corsair 850tx PSU. I was running my HDDs in Raid-0 and had TrueCrypt installed. I cannot start up with these drives, as the bios will not recognize them as a Raid array. The TrueCrypt bootloader starts, I enter the password, and windows begins to start up. The error message "Read Error:4 Disk:0" displays three times in the upper right hand corner of the the screen, followed by a BSOD.

Any ideas on how I can fix this? Also, thanks in advance.

TheBowski

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
How would I do that? I have set the SATA controller to Raid mode, and it detects the drives. It detects both as single drives, and there are no options to work with them (There is the option to do a security wipe, though). If I were to permanently unencrypt them, would they likely be discovered correctly?

The motherboard chipset that needs different drivers than the ones installed on the hard drives .
To proceed you need to follow the advice in the mb manual about how to set up RAID

And then format the drives [losing all the data on them ] , and reinstall windows

If you want to save the data the drives will have to be run from the old mb while you make a back up